Got a Olight question

dajeepman

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a floody light that I can keep in my truck with decent run times and output.

What I'm looking at Olight S2R II Baton or Olight Seeker 2 Pro. What does anyone recommend between these two?

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I have the Seeker 2 (not the Pro version), and I've been able to compare it to the Seeker 2 Pro, because I hang out with people who collect flashlights. Based on that comparison and the video that Olight has up with the S2R II, I'd say go with the S2R II... the Seeker 2 has more light output (3000lm tops as compared to 1150lm) and more throw, but the S2R II has plenty of output and throw, and it's "floody enough" for what I think you want. Also, it's got a cheaper MSRP ($69.95) than the Seeker 2 Pro ($139.95).

Keep in mind that both of these lights have the magnetic connection charger, and use customized (read "proprietary") cells. If it bothers you that you won't be able to swap out the battery for a stock 18650, neither of these lights is one for you. I haven't had a problem with my Seeker 2, but then, I haven't been in a situation where I've used up the battery and had nothing else to shed light while I waited for it to charge, either.

dajeepman

Newly Enlightened
I have the Seeker 2 (not the Pro version), and I've been able to compare it to the Seeker 2 Pro, because I hang out with people who collect flashlights. Based on that comparison and the video that Olight has up with the S2R II, I'd say go with the S2R II... the Seeker 2 has more light output (3000lm tops as compared to 1150lm) and more throw, but the S2R II has plenty of output and throw, and it's "floody enough" for what I think you want. Also, it's got a cheaper MSRP ($69.95) than the Seeker 2 Pro ($139.95).

Keep in mind that both of these lights have the magnetic connection charger, and use customized (read "proprietary") cells. If it bothers you that you won't be able to swap out the battery for a stock 18650, neither of these lights is one for you. I haven't had a problem with my Seeker 2, but then, I haven't been in a situation where I've used up the battery and had nothing else to shed light while I waited for it to charge, either.

Thanks for the Input. I Don't care to have 3000lm output. So the S2R II is what i be interesting getting.

A4rings

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a floody light that I can keep in my truck with decent run times and output.

What I'm looking at Olight S2R II Baton or Olight Seeker 2 Pro. What does anyone recommend between these two?

You want the new Olight Baton Pro, it has 2000 lumens on turbo and is very very similar in dimensions to the s2r but has larger diameter head and much floodier beam pattern.

Gareth&Zoe Wildcamps

Newly Enlightened
We second A4rings comment on the Baton Pro. We have the Seeker 2 pro, S2Rii and the Baton Pro. The Baton Pro is definitely a floody light compared to the S2Rii and cheaper than the Seek 2 pro.

SBranson

Newly Enlightened
Damn... I have the S2Rii that I just got myself for Christmas and was looking at the Seeker 2 Pro.. somehow the Baton Pro slipped past my radar... I see another Olight in my near future..

Krom

Newly Enlightened
After reading the Olight reviews here. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on an Olight Baton. With the 10% discount it was 80.95 shipped.

Olight Fiend

Newly Enlightened
I like the H1R or the H2R in neutral white. Side note-Just had an olight battery vent in an olight flashlight for the first time. A little worried.