Headlamp: Brighter than the ZL H53c?

Wrecked

Enlightened
I bought a ZL H53c for walking in the trails with the my dogs. It's pretty thick woods and very dark. I'm finding that the H53 just isn't bright enough and doesn't have enough throw. Before I was trying to keep the cost down but now I just want something bright with good throw that won't be so heavy I need to have a backpack for the batteries. :grin2: I don't have a preference on batteries. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Wrecked

Enlightened
Thinking about the Thrunite TH30 or the Fenix HM65R. Any thoughts?
I like that they both have USB charging.

weepete

Newly Enlightened
Have a look at the Xtar H3 Warboy, I was recently looking for similar and ended up buying it as the TH20 will only give you 2mins on max turbo then steps down to 750lm,for 70 mins, 90 mins on 1100lm. The Warboy quotes 2.9hr runtime on turbo 1000lm though it has a little less throw and throttles a bit for temperature regulation. Just going on manufacturer specs as mine is in the post, but it should be with me tonight or tomorrow

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
your ZL is AA version, that is as much as you can get with AA, for brighter headlamp look at 18650 lights like ZL h600. it has 3 times the lumens. one of the lightest, if not the lightest headlamp around. but they are around 100

you can get skilhunt h03 with reflector, it will be similar in performance as ZL h600 but half the price.

Wrecked

Enlightened
Ordered the TH10 v2. I really love Zebralight but the USB charging was important to me.