Klarus        
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: New 225 Lumen high CRI HDS

Default New 225 Lumen high CRI HDS

On Monday November 11 (Veterans Day) HDS will release the newest high CRI light. Should be up on the Custom Page in the afternoon (Tucson time).
    This is the brightest high CRI HDS has ever offered at 225 lumens.
    And the emitter is... SST-20-W40H-A120-J5402
    For those that don't read bin codes, this is 4000k and 94 CRI.

As most know, I think beam shots are about as useful as earrings on a pig, but my dog wears a shirt... so...

High Noon vs. SST-20. I didn't bother to think up a cool name for it.

Professionally taken on my ceiling while sitting on my couch in my underwear at 0500.

Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

Default Re: New 225 Lumen high CRI HDS

Nice shade.

May be *Golden Rain* ?

looks like golden rain in a park
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSrhvs8WsNc

Dan, are you able to compare this new emitter to the nb40? I have one of those and am very interested in this new offering.

Cracking up again on Hogoís professional review
    Good choice!

I like it. It looks closer to the Nichia 219C 4000K than the Nichia 219B R9050 4000K as it seems to have more yellow than brown. Clearly not as rosy as the Nichia 219b R9080 4000K.

I really like my FW3A and FW1A with SST20. It's a great emitter and a solid addition to the HDS lineup.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Is there enough stock for them to last a while? I want one but it may have to wait until early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by RCS1300 View Post
    Clearly not as rosy as the Nichia 219b R9080 4000K.
    Yes, much less red.
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hogo, you should have used your underwear for reference as opposed to white ceiling. Stains on those whitee tightee's would render more realistic differences. Hah

I had a real bad police issue at my house recently. To make it worse the cops had brighter lights then my HDS. That will not happen again. So, been floating the site and saw the 300lm warm and new 200lm super HCRI. Now this? This is on top of the other CRI and 325 neutral throw. Jeez Louise decisions decisions....
    "When Armageddon comes, it would be good to be an Olympic athlete, because running real fast and jumping over stuff could come in handy." -Jack Handey

For color rendering... the bitch Geronimo.

[IMG][/IMG]
    I play with dead things

My question is if these will have a greenish tint at lower levels? I have heard that itís common on these 4000k SST-20ís. It should throw nicely though!
    SureFire - Quality and brilliance

If you look at the photo of them on the white paper (first photo), both the High Noon and SST-20 are on the lowest setting. No green.
    I play with dead things

Flashaholic*

Looks really nice. Hope this babies will be assembled very fast. It would be a cool x-mas present from me to myself.
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

We have some already built out, and a good number of emitters already mounted on the boards (which is the most time consuming). Once launched (Monday) it should be pretty quick delivery... until we run out as these again are a limited offering.
    I play with dead things

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffle View Post
    Hogo, you should have used your underwear for reference as opposed to white ceiling. Stains on those whitee tightee's would render more realistic differences. Hah

I had a real bad police issue at my house recently. To make it worse the cops had brighter lights then my HDS. That will not happen again. So, been floating the site and saw the 300lm warm and new 200lm super HCRI. Now this? This is on top of the other CRI and 325 neutral throw. Jeez Louise decisions decisions....
    Word of caution - the HDS lights are quality lights not high lumen lights. I purchased a half dozen of them because of the quality of the build, the quality of the light emitted, and the lifetime guarantee. I would call myself a HDS enthusiast.

There are many, many high lumen lights that will out perform the lumens of a police light. Some of them are of higher quality than the others but few will come close the the beam quality and build quality of a HDS light.

Word of caution - the HDS lights are quality lights not high lumen lights. I purchased a half dozen of them because of the quality of the build, the quality of the light emitted, and the lifetime guarantee. I would call myself a HDS enthusiast.

There are many, many high lumen lights that will out perform the lumens of a police light. Some of them are of higher quality than the others but few will come close the the beam quality and build quality of a HDS light.
    That's why I like to pair my HDS with something that has a little more kick if I go somewhere that I think I'll need a lot of light. D25Cvn, Zebralight SC64w, BLF FW1A, Emisar D1, all can handle my high output needs while letting the HDS do what it does best.

Well I m hoping to get one I need another more useful beam and as long reach as the 250. The NLT spoiled me.
    Donít Tread On Me

Quote Originally Posted by usdiver View Post
    Well I m hoping to get one I need another more useful beam and as long reach as the 250. The NLT spoiled me.
    It would be good to know if the New 225 high CRI light throws similar to the NLT. Does the new 225 light have a small die size?

Not sure but I think there will be a comparison done. I m going to say they will be similar.
    Donít Tread On Me

SST20 has same die size as XPG so I expect that throw will be similar to a 250.

That would be nice if so
    Donít Tread On Me

These look really interesting considering I like the couple of lights I currently have with the SST20 4000k. Too bad the 18650 tubes werenít going to be available in time, because I told myself my next light would be with an 18650. Any chance there is enough stock of these to be around until then?

Just what the doctor ordered............ This is what I was hoping for..... LOVE the High-Noon but at night..... a little warmer... This should be fun...
    Last edited by klackey; 11-09-2019 at 09:59 PM.

Flashaholic*

How about a 3000K SST20? There should also HiCRI bins available. I'd be happy about an other 3000K HDS.

A SST-20 3000k would be super nice! Iím into warm tints more and more. They are so easy on your eyes at night.
    SureFire - Quality and brilliance

So . . . you put a shirt on your dog and your underwear on your couch.
    Enjoy the light show - LedTed

Flashaholic*

What I miss is the compare in the "dog shot" - I am unsure how a beam compare with a dog is called - maybe with the high noon or a normal low CRI XP-G3 HDS.

At all I can not wait until I can press the order Button @HDSSystems.

Quote Originally Posted by LedTed View Post
    So . . . you put a shirt on your dog and your underwear on your couch.
    She usually wears the underwear... I just didn't think it would be appropriate on a public forum, so I left her bottomless.
    I play with dead things

My HDS is a newer warranty from my 2010 HCRI that malfunctioned. It has been modded from Henry to mimic the output of the original 2010 light, which was 100lm then. All of the newer models are brighter than mine. Lumen count of the HDS is only relevant because of what Henry posts on the site. I would bet my actual numbers, and those of the newer lights, are conservative compared to real use. So yes, these lights will out perform what I have. Based on what I saw I would bet they would beat the lights the law carried that day.
    Last edited by Gaffle; 11-10-2019 at 01:21 PM.
    "When Armageddon comes, it would be good to be an Olympic athlete, because running real fast and jumping over stuff could come in handy." -Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by K2-bk-bl-rd View Post
    A SST-20 3000k would be super nice! Iím into warm tints more and more. They are so easy on your eyes at night.
    +1

I didn't bother with beam shots but I did finally get out tonight with the 325NLT and SST-20 4000k.

My observations are thus...
    Please remember I have old eyes and a propensity for guzzling rum... and it was relatively bright out with the moon on two days away from being full.

NLT throws further. It is pushing out 100 more lumens and is 5000k. It does appear to my eyes that higher K generally will appear brighter, and thus appear to throw further. Take what I say with a grain of salt (preferably around the rim of a margarita glass) as this is simply my opinion.

Now, in the 0-75 yard range, the SST-20 blows away the NLT in color rendition. Granted it should as it is high CRI and the NLT is not, but I was once again dumbfounded at how much "clearer, sharper, lifelike" everything appeared compared to the NLT. My High Noon has been regulated to a diffuse reflector since the NLT came out, and now I am going to have to put a standard reflector back on it and do some comparisons with this SST-20. Yep. I know. I shouldn't be crossing the beams but I can't help it.

As a rule, I tend to keep away from tints under 5000k, but I do find this SST extremely pleasing to the eye at night. Maybe it's because I have spent the last few months using a lower CRI NLT... really made the difference pop for me... was like the desert was clearer... more in focus for my old eyes. I don't know.

I am just going to have to keep this one (though Henry put his old worn tail on it so I would bring it back... no kidding.). I'll figure something out but I'm not going to let this one slip out of my grimy little fingers anytime soon.
    I play with dead things

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast