New 225 Lumen high CRI HDS

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
On Monday November 11 (Veterans Day) HDS will release the newest high CRI light. Should be up on the Custom Page in the afternoon (Tucson time).
This is the brightest high CRI HDS has ever offered at 225 lumens.
And the emitter is... SST-20-W40H-A120-J5402
For those that don't read bin codes, this is 4000k and 94 CRI.
s40-cie.png

ss40-cri.png

As most know, I think beam shots are about as useful as earrings on a pig, but my dog wears a shirt... so...

High Noon vs. SST-20. I didn't bother to think up a cool name for it.
img-5090.jpg

Professionally taken on my ceiling while sitting on my couch in my underwear at 0500.
img-5091.jpg

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it. It looks closer to the Nichia 219C 4000K than the Nichia 219B R9050 4000K as it seems to have more yellow than brown. Clearly not as rosy as the Nichia 219b R9080 4000K.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my FW3A and FW1A with SST20. It's a great emitter and a solid addition to the HDS lineup.

Gaffle

Enlightened
Hogo, you should have used your underwear for reference as opposed to white ceiling. Stains on those whitee tightee's would render more realistic differences. Hah

I had a real bad police issue at my house recently. To make it worse the cops had brighter lights then my HDS. That will not happen again. So, been floating the site and saw the 300lm warm and new 200lm super HCRI. Now this? This is on top of the other CRI and 325 neutral throw. Jeez Louise decisions decisions....

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
My question is if these will have a greenish tint at lower levels? I have heard that it's common on these 4000k SST-20's. It should throw nicely though!

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you look at the photo of them on the white paper (first photo), both the High Noon and SST-20 are on the lowest setting. No green.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have some already built out, and a good number of emitters already mounted on the boards (which is the most time consuming). Once launched (Monday) it should be pretty quick delivery... until we run out as these again are a limited offering.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo, you should have used your underwear for reference as opposed to white ceiling. Stains on those whitee tightee's would render more realistic differences. Hah

I had a real bad police issue at my house recently. To make it worse the cops had brighter lights then my HDS. That will not happen again. So, been floating the site and saw the 300lm warm and new 200lm super HCRI. Now this? This is on top of the other CRI and 325 neutral throw. Jeez Louise decisions decisions....

Word of caution - the HDS lights are quality lights not high lumen lights. I purchased a half dozen of them because of the quality of the build, the quality of the light emitted, and the lifetime guarantee. I would call myself a HDS enthusiast.

There are many, many high lumen lights that will out perform the lumens of a police light. Some of them are of higher quality than the others but few will come close the the beam quality and build quality of a HDS light.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Word of caution - the HDS lights are quality lights not high lumen lights. I purchased a half dozen of them because of the quality of the build, the quality of the light emitted, and the lifetime guarantee. I would call myself a HDS enthusiast.

There are many, many high lumen lights that will out perform the lumens of a police light. Some of them are of higher quality than the others but few will come close the the beam quality and build quality of a HDS light.

That's why I like to pair my HDS with something that has a little more kick if I go somewhere that I think I'll need a lot of light. D25Cvn, Zebralight SC64w, BLF FW1A, Emisar D1, all can handle my high output needs while letting the HDS do what it does best.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I m hoping to get one I need another more useful beam and as long reach as the 250. The NLT spoiled me.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I m hoping to get one I need another more useful beam and as long reach as the 250. The NLT spoiled me.

It would be good to know if the New 225 high CRI light throws similar to the NLT. Does the new 225 light have a small die size?

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure but I think there will be a comparison done. I m going to say they will be similar.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
SST20 has same die size as XPG so I expect that throw will be similar to a 250.