Klarus        
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New 225 Lumen high CRI HDS

Default Re: New 225 Lumen high CRI HDS

Quote Originally Posted by klackey View Post
    Yes, it was scheduled for the 10th now expected the 12th.

Had a light with a emmiter goof. Wrong one.....

My information got "caught" in the "HDS" computer crash.

Perfict storm.... Looking forward my new light.
    Ah! OK. I don't always know peoples real names vs. screen names.

I had to buy my own SS40 on Monday (fortunately shipping isn't an issue with me). My SS40 test light had to be returned to Henry, and after being without it for 2 weeks... I decided I needed one. While I have plenty of the monochromatic (I have all but the IR...), I seldom fall victim to "I need the newest high CRI" after I got the High Noon... but I am liking this one quite a bit. Other than my High Noon, this is, in fact, my only other High CRI.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    I had to buy my own SS40 on Monday (fortunately shipping isn't an issue with me)...
    And, did you built up your SS40 HDS by yourself? Guess it is kind of cool having a "selfmade" HDS.
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

I’ve been keeping the SS40 in my pocket for about a week now and it’s a winner for me. The tint is great for the dark of night outside and around the house n the late night hours. I would describe it as almost golden...?...more yellow than the N40 or any of the Nichias I have for sure. It also seems to feature a tighter hot spot than the Nichias and the color rendering is beautiful.
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Mine finally arrived. I do like it a lot...…… I need more real time to put it to real use however...… it might dethrone my high-noon. I am really, really liking it. Warm but not crazy yellow. I wish the hot spot was slightly larger like my High Noon but not an issue. I LOVE the high-noon but this is very interesting.

so it's probably closer to the 3 o'clock but more on the yellow side.

I was thinking about my HDS I lost last year, decided to look at the website and day dream again. I saw the 4000k high CRI offering, read this thread and my back is against the wall. I must have one. As soon as I have the $500 in my account to get a maxed out 18650 rotary...

I have been using a high CRI 4000k Zebralight, and while it for sure has a higher max output, it just isn't the same. I carried an 18650 4000k high cri rotary for three years, everyone thought I was crazy for spending that much on a flashlight, but I grew up on the west coast where power outages were common, and being a scout I had first hand experince with lights breaking mid-trip. I tell people that having a flashlight is a superpower, it lets you see in the dark. You wouldn't want that ability to be taken away from you just because you dropped your light, or tripped and fell on your pocket. A smartphone light just doesn't cut it for me, second best just doesn't cut it for me.

I like my Zebralight, and it is really good, but the one thing that sold me on the HDS originally is the user interface. If I am out walking around, I am probably using at most a level 16 outdoors, and a level 5 indoors. But if something startles me I want to be able to go right to that max output in an instant, and then right back down to that low mode. The HDS is instant, you can turn the light right onto any mode, or onto high. I also had the circumstance of being camping, or in a hotel with others at night etc I want to be sure that the light will turn on low when I get up to take care of business. And then the automatic shut off, the programability, and most important the reliability / durability.

If there is any tool i'd want while stranded, surviving, or when stuff goes down it'd be the HDS. If there was any light I would want for day-to-day living it would be the HDS, if there was any light I would want while traveling it would be the HDS. I wouldn't trade my HDS for a 10000 lumen search light, or a 1,000,000 lumen flood light, those are specialized tools that wouldn't translate over very well to the situations or circumstance that we face on a daily basis. I'd rather have a light that I know will turn on and run for hours while I need it. I'd rather have the colour rendering to be able to really see the things around me.

I really hope that this light and the 18650 tubes stay in stock for a couple more weeks
    Last edited by Candlestick; 01-12-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Thanks for sharing and I would imagine you'll be safe for a bit longer

Quote Originally Posted by Candlestick View Post
    I really hope that this light and the 18650 tubes stay in stock for a couple more weeks
    You will be safe. I would be shocked if we sold out in the next couple of months.
    I play with dead things

Hoping mine ships early this week so I can have it at Disney this weekend.

Gonna pick mine up this Wednesday!

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    From what I understand, the police there use them.

I play with dead things

LOL!

You know, there is something seriously wrong with me when I take pictures like this...
    I mean seriously? Who in their right mind even thinks of this sort of thing when at a theme park?
    Hogo. That's who.

I play with dead things

Love it! I do the same.

My wife would be rolling her eyes so hard you would be able to hear it.
    "It's not rocket surgery"

Au Re: New 225 Lumen high CRI HDS

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Oddly enough I remember seeing a post on a thread "HDS around the world" way
    back in 2016, someone had taken a picture at an amusment park and that is actually part of what had convinced me to buy my first rotary, because a couple months earlier I had gone to Knotts Berry Farm with some extended family. (Terrible experince, had to wait in line for hours at every ride). We were out after dark too and I felt like the lights I had at the time weren't quite good enough for what I needed. That was the time I actually had the circumstance of needing to use a light with no low mode in a hotel room.

I guess somehow I have connected amusment parks, traveling, and big crowds with the needfor a really quality light. My mom's side of the family is going to Disney land later this month and they have been watching a documentary series about the parks. Maybe that is part of why I started thinking about the HDS again.

Thanks for the response, I was worried I was replying to a dead thread.

Quote Originally Posted by desert.snake View Post
    Nice shade.

May be *Golden Rain* ?

looks like golden rain in a park
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSrhvs8WsNc
    I am sorry to discourage you, but “golden rain” has one more meaning from sex “business” Shall I explain it?
    Last edited by vadimax; 01-14-2020 at 12:19 AM.

I thought the same thing.
    P
    "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" He chortled in his joy.

Oddly enough I remember seeing a post on a thread "HDS around the world" way
    back in 2016, someone had taken a picture at an amusment park and that is actually part of what had convinced me to buy my first rotary.
    That was my Orange rotary at Magic Kingdom!

Default New 225 Lumen high CRI HDS

Quote Originally Posted by vadimax View Post
    Shall I explain it? :
    No.

Congrats to all you gents who have the 225 high CRI HDS. It's beautiful. I would consider this emitter in a stainless steel or a hard anodized edition.

Stop giving money to Disney! They murdered Star Wars!

Rant is over. Please continue with your regularly scheduled programming.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    Congrats to all you gents who have the 225 high CRI HDS. It's beautiful. I would consider this emitter in a stainless steel or a hard anodized edition.

Stop giving money to Disney! They murdered Star Wars!

Rant is over. Please continue with your regularly scheduled programming.
    Right? Imo the only thing that would make this better is a stainless/ titanium version. Then you are talking about a piece of equipment to outlast humanity. Maybe someday when I am rich and famous I'll get an all titanium version. I am personally commited to not going to any amusment parks, it seems like there are much better ways to find adventure. I am the kind of person who would rather get lost in the woods than lost in disneyland.

Right? Imo the only thing that would make this better is a stainless/ titanium version. Then you are talking about a piece of equipment to outlast humanity. Maybe someday when I am rich and famous I'll get an all titanium version. I am personally commited to not going to any amusment parks, it seems like there are much better ways to find adventure. I am the kind of person who would rather get lost in the woods than lost in disneyland.
    I think this emitter would have also looked awesome in a brass light. The nice yellow hue would look great coming out of a brass light.

As far as amusement parks, if I ever go to one again, it will probably be Dollywood. At least a lot of her money goes to charities and her hometown.

One last distraction from this thread on Disney, that place makes my kids smile, so it is worth every penny. I too would rather be in the woods with a bourbon and a cigar. Plenty of time for that, kids will only like Disney for so long. With that said, doesn't look like my 225 is going to make it by Friday, looks like my Sundrop will be on Disney duty!!

Let me jump in and offend a lot of people.
    Just remember, if I haven't made you mad, upset you, or offended you, you haven't been here long enough and just need to wait your turn.

I hate crowds (I am full of hate and this is just a small part of it). I don't like most people so when you put them all together in a large group it just compounds the problem.
    I hate L.A. and have no love for CA in general. Part of this is due to number 1 above, and the rest because just about everything I own is illegal there.

So, when given the option of going to an amusement park in that state or getting a colonoscopy from a rhinoceros using a VHS camera and 6D Maglite, it takes hours for me to decide.

How I ended up there is simple. My girlfriend's mother came to visit from the Philippines. She isn't very mobile and if you think I'm old, there are some mountains younger than her. Well, my GF thought it would be great to take her to Universal Studios before she flew back to Manilla. Rather than have my GF drive and quite possible kill her and her mother on the highway in the process (I'm not stating that all asian females are bad drivers, but If I want to kill my GF, I will let her get behind the wheel on a long trip). So, I either have to go looking for a new woman, or I have to drive into a place a dislike all the while pretending to have a great time... and of course, they always want to eat bait, and I have mentioned before my extreme aversion to eating creatures with less than two legs or more than four.

So, that is how I ended up at Universal Studios. I tried to dress like Harvey Weinstein so people would leave me alone. I was there once before in 1975. It has changed some since then. They now have these "rides". Some of my favorites were The Vomitater, The Regurgitater, Druken Spinny Bed, and of course “Look, It’s My Lunch Again... Part II the sequel!”.

To add to the fun, arriving at LAX (as you can imagine, I'm no airport fan) and waiting in a huge line to get GF's mom checked in for her international flight... Mother Nature took a large dump on me... and Manilla. The Taal volcano erupted in the Philippines and her flight was cancelled as there was volcanic ash raining down in the Philippines. So we (me) drove everyone back to Tucson... and I get to make the trip again... starting this evening yet this time without going to an amusement park. Actually leaving at 10pm to drive to LA from Tucson. The good thing is my GF snores so loud it is like driving over rumble strips and should keep me awake. I will be fueled with caffein, nicotine, and good deal of hate... until I reach LA where I will add adrenaline to the mix.

I will take the SS40 and shine it on everything though... it makes things look nice so will hopefully prevent me from having a stroke in LA and extending my stay.
    Last edited by Hogokansatsukan; 01-15-2020 at 08:59 AM.
    I play with dead things

I will take the SS40 and shine it on everything though... it makes things look nice so will hopefully prevent me from having a stroke in LA and extending my stay.
    Is the SS40 that good? I am on the fence about adding it to my stable of five that includes the XPG3, 219b 4000K, and two 219c 5700K's. If I do, it will be my first Rotary that I will keep this time.

LOL Hogo!!

RCS1300, I will let you know when mine arrives. I have a 325NLT and XPG CRI 120 and Nichia 170N to compare.

Default New 225 Lumen high CRI HDS

! And the SS40 even serves as a stroke preventor You made my day hogo!

Flashaholic

Let me jump in and offend a lot of people.
    I'm not mad, upset or offended. Just entertained. Keep posting...

Now he's disappoimted.
    P
    "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" He chortled in his joy.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast