Jetbeam        
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mateminco MT07vn - Compact High Output Thrower R

Default Re: Mateminco MT07vn - Compact High Output Thrower R

MT07 has arrived!!!!!!!!
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

That's great news Vinh. I can't wait. My son just received a whopper from you and now he's gloating! LOL

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I got notification yesterday that mine was being worked on, can't wait!

I'm considering one of these, how's the heat management?

What kind of step downs in output occur after how long?

What kind of output can it sustain long term, like 10 or 15 minutes of running?

Thanks!
    Last edited by AmericanDissent; 01-11-2020 at 12:55 PM.

W2s E07vn are EXTREMELY hard to build. I am getting back pain building this light!!!!
    So concentrated cant do anything while working on these.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDissent View Post
    I'm considering one of these, how's the heat management?

What kind of step downs in output occur after how long?

What kind of output can it sustain long term, like 10 or 15 minutes of running?

Thanks!
    If you consider W2s I would recommend ordering one fast. After I am through with this MT07vn batch I am going to kill the W2 option. The build is too intense.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

If you have the light at its max turbo output, it manages heat fine for its size. If you have it at max ramp, the linear chips on the underside of the driver overheat and throttle down too soon. A member on BLF designed a copper plate that is used to fit under the driver so that heat can be drawn away from those linear chips, and that the max ramp holds its output considerably longer.

Sorry for your back pain Vinh but, just ordered another Green, W2.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Syniosbeam by Enderman

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    Sorry for your back pain Vinh but, just ordered another Green, W2.

This has probably been my favorite LED since Vinh started putting them in lights.

Will this work for a W2 MT07vn? If not, I have plenty of 30T and 40T's laying around. Just looking for a use for this 26650. It claims a 36 amp continuous discharge rate.
    Last edited by AmericanDissent; 01-13-2020 at 03:35 PM.

That scared me into ordering one. I was stalling to see what discoveries or updated versions might come out. Love this light and need a W2 in titanium copper or something with better aux leds

Vinh or someone not busy working on our lights.....Does the Vn version of this light still use the Aux lights to show battery level? If so, do they work like the Astrolux MF01 Mini variant of this light? Is there any means of using the color Cyan in their operation? Is brightness adjustment an option during Vinh's building of the light?
    Last edited by BVH; 01-13-2020 at 05:19 PM.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Syniosbeam by Enderman

Vinh or someone not busy working on our lights.....Does the Vn version of this light still use the Aux lights to show battery level? YES
    If so, do they work like the Astrolux MF01 Mini variant of this light? I have no clue. I have not played with the settings. Is there any means of using the color Cyan in their operation? Is brightness adjustment an option during Vinh's building of the light? Sure. I can make it brighter or dimmer if you want. Email for this.
    Most if not all E07vn will ship tomorrow.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Will the bezel be removable when you're done with your work? If so, I can adjust if desired.

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    Most if not all E07vn will ship tomorrow.
    This is super exciting for me. Since retiring, I've had to slow down on light purchases. Especially now that I'm a kept man with my wife working, LOL.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Will the bezel be removable when you're done with your work? If so, I can adjust if desired.

Bob, I think Vinh always leaves the bezel removable unless you ask him not to.

Thank you, Paul. Looking very forward to seeing what this light does against Vinh's E07 sitting on my nightstand. Expecting noticeably more Lumens and much better throw.

Mounting W2s on MT07vn MPCB is so difficult because the center heat sinking ground pad is so large that the side leads must be in perfect alignment or SPARK! The difficulty multiplies 7X as they all have to stayed align all at once. They sure love to shift around while you are mounting another.
    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 01-14-2020 at 01:21 AM.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Thank you, Paul. Looking very forward to seeing what this light does against Vinh's E07 sitting on my nightstand. Expecting noticeably more Lumens and much better throw.
    Yes, sure thing! You'll be looking at 3x the throw of the E07 XPL HI and double the throw of a E07 W2. More lumens in a tighter, brighter hotspot. That should be an eye opener!

edit (sp)
    Last edited by Patriot; 01-14-2020 at 09:44 PM.

Mounting W2s on MT07vn MPCB is so difficult because the center heat sinking ground pad is so large that the side leads must be in perfect alignment or SPARK! The difficulty multiplies 7X as they all have to stayed align all at once. They sure love to shift around while you are mounting another.
    Vinh, that's just crazy how close those leads come. It literally has to be perfect and you're juggling 7 of them at the same time. You're a maniac!

Such a difficult build, I can see why you wouldn't want to do the W2s anymroe with it. It's a shame because the performance blows a lot of things away.

Maybe the next V54 original light will be an optics thrower utilizing 7x D4S sized optics.

Just out of curiosity, does the W2.1 have to same precarious fit? If I remember correctly, the W2.1 is not an option but I don't remember why. Optics perhaps?

W1.1 and 2.1 use much larger thermal pads. Too large to fit in this small multi emitter board.

No, there are people reflowing 4040 emitters on 3535 boards. But the fit is even tighter.
    I can't help but wonder how many 4040 would sell and if it would be enough for Vinh to order a custom MCPCB...

Super excited for 3 of these to show up in the mail!! I hope one is Fiat Lux! Hehe. Thank you so much Vinh for your hard work on these W2 mods!

I thought Fiat Lux was only reserved for reflector throwers. Is the beam profile on this thing that reflector like?

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    I thought Fiat Lux was only reserved for reflector throwers. Is the beam profile on this thing that reflector like?
    Ive had a fiat lux on a FW3Avn triple W1 so I donít think it is limited to reflectors. Just whether or not the build turns out perfectly or not.

Yes, lots of Fiat Lux multi-emitters over the years and still some now....

Angry Re: Mateminco MT07vn - Compact High Output Thrower R

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    W1.1 and 2.1 use much larger thermal pads. Too large to fit in this small multi emitter board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agpp View Post
    No, there are people reflowing 4040 emitters on 3535 boards. But the fit is even tighter.
    I can't help but wonder how many 4040 would sell and if it would be enough for Vinh to order a custom MCPCB...

One of the reasons that I asked was because I was reading the specs and looking at the pictures of the two footprints. Then I was looking at the picture of this board, and it seems to me that there is indeed, board room/clearance for all the LED's. I'm guessing that by an "even tighter" fit, we're talking about how the center ground pad overlaps into close proximity of the side leads. Since I haven't seen the ground pad and side leads on a W2.1 I was wondering if the larger footprint allowed the side leads of a W2.1 to be slightly further apart, closer to the width of the side contacts on the board. Based on what Agpp stated, it doesn't sound like it, unless he was referring to other fitment issues, apart from the contacts.

...and thanks guys for letting me explore my curiosities.

There was only one Fiat Lux MT07vn shipped. There was 2 more with PERFECT beams but they didn't order engraving so yeah...
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast