Costco energizer rechargeable

abhi555

Newly Enlightened
I saw Costco started selling energizers instead of eneloop, new batteries r made in china vs eneloops were made in Japan

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can buy Japanese Energizers which are 2000mAh batteries. I've always liked their 2300mAh chrome wrappers, which are Japanese.

Chris

abhi555

Newly Enlightened
I just bought three packages yesterday to give as Christmas presents. They are $10 off until the end of November. Reasonable buy at pennies under twenty bucks each.

Yes, every year around this time Costco generally offers coupons on rechargeables. Currently Costco in King of Prussia, PA got duracell 1500 LM flashlight at $14.97 -reg $20 (*.97 means store is getting rid of the product, will never re-stock it. You see this pricing mostly on cloths -- ending season or style) hopefully they will have brighter version of the same. I will get pics when I visit.

bcm00re

Newly Enlightened
I just picked one up for $14.97 at my local Costco (zip code 63376). The package says the batteries are made in Japan -- but charger made in China. The last 2000mAh Energizer cells that HKJ tested were made in China so these appear to be different. The package also says they hold a charge for a year so that seems to imply they are LSD.

Anyone have any info/experience with the charger? It appears to charge each cell independently at about 250mA based on charge times on the back of the package.

Last edited:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use this kit for my sons toys. Seems to work well. No formal... or really even informal... testing...

bcm00re

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input. At just $15 I decided to keep the purchase and opened it last night. For anyone interested, the back of the charger states it charges AAs at 300mA and AAAs at 150mA.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are the same kits costco sold in prior years under the eneloop brand.

bcm00re

Newly Enlightened
$15 - How many batteries in the package?
Six AAs, four AAAs, four AA-to-C adapters, four AA-to-D adapters, and a case. The kit originally sold for $30 but was on sale for $20 at the end of last year. The price is now $14.97 which indicates Costco has it on clearance.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
So these Energizers are definitely Eneloops?

If the cells are made in Japan and low self discharge they are made in the FDK plant that makes Japanese eneloops. Some will say eneloops have some kind of super secret ingredient that make's em a tiny bit better, but that's nonsense. Fujitsu owns the Japanese "Eneloop" factory and Eneloop is just another re-brand.

The Energizer kits seem to be the exact same as the costco eneloop kits except for branding and that the C and D adapters are re-designed.

busseguy

Enlightened
If the cells are made in Japan and low self discharge they are made in the FDK plant that makes Japanese eneloops. Some will say eneloops have some kind of super secret ingredient that make's em a tiny bit better, but that's nonsense. Fujitsu owns the Japanese "Eneloop" factory and Eneloop is just another re-brand.

The Energizer kits seem to be the exact same as the costco eneloop kits except for branding and that the C and D adapters are re-designed.

Great. Thanks for the info!

busseguy

Enlightened
Well I was planning on buying 2 packs of these but I called and they said all the Costco's around here are sold out of them and they won't be available anymore :-(

bcm00re

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I now wish I have purchased a couple when I saw them. At the time I hadn't bought any NiMH cells in over a decade so I had no idea if it was a good deal. I'll check my local store when I head there in a couple days, but I'll be very surprised if they have any left.

bcm00re

Newly Enlightened
Well much to my surprise my local Costco (zip code 63376) still had 18 of these Energizer battery kits -- so I bought one more. They were still $14.97 BTW...wonder if they'll lower the price more eventually. :)

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well much to my surprise my local Costco (zip code 63376) still had 18 of these Energizer battery kits -- so I bought one more. They were still $14.97 BTW...wonder if they'll lower the price more eventually. :)

97 cents indicates it's on special. Was there a "*" in the corner of the price? If so, that means the stock is being sold off and not offered again.