Acebeam W30

daffy

Enlightened
Just had to have one since they're being discontinued, taken with Iphone X camera.
To my eyes there's no doubt its CW, great koala spotter.
HfmHSrx.jpg

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pic.

I am starting to get non-buyers regret for not getting this one. I got the K75 which is only a lot bigger and almost the same throw with only tons more lumens.

-----------
I hope it's ok for me to flood in a topic that is about a thrower.

harro

Enlightened
Yeah, if the technology doesn't take off, its a good thing to have. Obviously 500 lms and two and a half kms makes for an extremely focussed beam with little or no spill. I also have a K75 and its an absolute beast, BUT, its certainly not as handy, size wise, as the W30. I reckon as far as a fox or rabbit goes, you'd stop 'em dead in their tracks with that light. The one thing I see with LEP, and its early days for the tech, is that they may not make a good mid/flood beam, with the lumens they put out. Who knows down the track a bit though. A very interesting torch to own and use.

daffy

Enlightened
Beam throw does expand with distance but you need binoculars to see what it lights up..some smart arse the other night decided to keep me lit up with their LED while i walked the dogs. From now on this light goes on dog walks along with the SLN

Nichia!

Banned
Discontinued?? Where did see that? And why they discontinued it??

daffy

Enlightened
Lol hit him with this and I'm betting he stops!
I'll have to be careful whatever my response is, i find the pencil beam great actually especially with the red filter as theres no spill so i cant be disputed on that.
A green filter would be nice.

an654

Newly Enlightened
This light is very unique, but given the technology, its a shame they didn't give an option to defocus it a bit, this could be easily done by moving the lens in and out.