Test/review of Tronic AAA 1000mAh (Silver-Black)

HKJ

Flashaholic
[size=+3]Tronic AAA 1000mAh (Silver-Black)[/size]

DSC_1268.jpg

Official specifications:
  • Capacity: 1000mAh
  • Voltage: 1.2V

Tronic%20AAA%201000mAh%20(Silver-Black)-info.png

Maximum temperature raise at different discharge currents: 1A:+0,5°C, 2A:+0,3°C, 3A:+0,2°C, 5A:+0,2°C
High capacity AAA cells from LIDL.

DSC_1269.jpg
DSC_1270.jpg

DSC_1271.jpg

DSC_1272.jpg

DSC_1273.jpg

Tronic%20AAA%201000mAh%20(Silver-Black)-Capacity.png

Normal NiMH discharge curves with a bit lower capacity and voltage at higher currents.

Tronic%20AAA%201000mAh%20(Silver-Black)-CapacityTime.png

Tronic%20AAA%201000mAh%20(Silver-Black)-CapacityTimeHours.png

Tronic%20AAA%201000mAh%20(Silver-Black)-Energy.png

Tronic%20AAA%201000mAh%20(Silver-Black)-PowerLoadTime.png

Tronic%20AAA%201000mAh%20(Silver-Black)-CurrentTest.png

Tronic%20AAA%201000mAh%20(Silver-Black)-Charge.png

Discharge-Tronic%20AAA%201000mAh%20%28Silver-Black%29-pulse-0.5%2010%2010-IR.png

[size=+3]Conclusion[/size]

This is good 1000mAh AAA batteries.

[size=+3]Notes and links[/size]

The batteries was supplied by a reader for review.

How is the test done and how to read the charts
Compare to other AA/AAA batteries: Alkaline/NiMH/Lithium

ChibiM

Enlightened
Thanks for the review HKJ.
I just noticed that the Name of the batteries in the picture of the table is wrong. It says 2500mAh AA.
Thanks again for continuing your reviews.

PartyPete

Enlightened
Pretty neat. They just opened a Lidl by my house (not many here in the US yet I guess) so I'll have to see if I can find these.

Are these among the highest capacity AAA or are there others as well?

vBDKv

Newly Enlightened
I purchased these like a year ago, they still perform fantastic. Their AA batteries (also the black ones, 2500 mah) are fantastic as well. The issue with Tronic batteries however is; They are sometimes too big (or fat if you will) and will barely fit in devices that are made for standard size batteries. The result will be peeling of the sticker and/or the protection disk at the plus pole. I've never had this issue with Eneloop, Fujitsu or Varta. If they fix this issue, I'm sure I'll be buying more of them. Also the rating is true according to my charger.

Tronic Eco batteries are not very good though.

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
The issue with Tronic batteries however is; They are sometimes too big (or fat if you will) and will barely fit in devices that are made for standard size batteries.

That will only be the case for manufactures that do not make equipment for standard AA or AAA batteries. The sizes are standardized and batteries usual stays within the limits (Some LiIon excepted).

vBDKv

Newly Enlightened
I purchased these like a year ago, they still perform fantastic. Their AA batteries (also the black ones, 2500 mah) are fantastic as well. The issue with Tronic batteries however is; They are sometimes too big (or fat if you will) and will barely fit in devices that are made for standard size batteries. The result will be peeling of the sticker and/or the protection disk at the plus pole. I've never had this issue with Eneloop, Fujitsu or Varta. If they fix this issue, I'm sure I'll be buying more of them. Also the rating is true according to my charger.

Actually these batteries suck. They develop a high internal resistance within months, so they perform quite badly. I would avoid. If you do have to use German based batteries, go with Varta instead - Those are quite good.