A bunch of stuff to get rid of

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwdsndf

Newly Enlightened
Now that I have retired from diving and building dive lights, I have a BUNCH of stuff to get rid of.

Canisters, housings for LED and HID light heads, cable, ballasts and matching bulbs, misc

ask and you shall receive

PM me

archimedes

Flashaholic
Giving away, or selling ?

Asking because this is not really a "discussion topic"

If a giveaway, I'll move it to that forum for you.

If selling, you will need to list items, prices, and terms (and need a Supporter Badge)

Thanks in advance for clarifying !

hwdsndf

Newly Enlightened
I'm not trying to turn a profit here, I'm trying to clean out my basement and workshop and thought that it would be a service to offer the stuff (housings, reflectors, canisters, HID ballasts and bulbs, cabling and all kinds of hardware) to the dive light building community. I need to cover the cost of getting it out the door so no, its not free, but believe me it nearly is.

If you don't agree that I am acting in an altruistic member of the community and am just another money grubbing flashlight vendor, well then feel free to remove the thread.

If that's the case, then the only thing you are accomplishing is denying members of the Dive Light Group the opportunity to obtain lots of parts and useful hardware at a tiny fraction of what they would have to pay elsewhere.

Giving away, or selling ?

Asking because this is not really a "discussion topic"

If a giveaway, I'll move it to that forum for you.

If selling, you will need to list items, prices, and terms (and need a Supporter Badge)

Thanks in advance for clarifying !

archimedes

Flashaholic
I'm not trying to turn a profit here, I'm trying to clean out my basement and workshop and thought that it would be a service to offer the stuff (housings, reflectors, canisters, HID ballasts and bulbs, cabling and all kinds of hardware) to the dive light building community. I need to cover the cost of getting it out the door so no, its not free, but believe me it nearly is.

Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed response.

As you know, CPF handles giveaways and sales rather differently here. Whether sales are "profitable" or not, is not addressed in the rules. Your kind offer to sell all of this dive light equipment at below cost will be much appreciated by the members here, I have no doubt.

If you don't agree that I am acting in an altruistic member of the community and am just another money grubbing flashlight vendor, well then feel free to remove the thread.

Quite to the contrary, I do not think that you are a "vendor" (which have more costly CPF memberships required for sales), and agree that your sales would be welcomed by other members interested in these items.

It appears that you have been a member here for about a decade. The minimum Level 1 Badge which allows unlimited sales for 30 days costs five dollars, and helps to support this forum. It is available here ...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/IconLegend1.html

... and CPF asks that those who wish to sell here in our community obtain one. Higher levels of support are possible, of course, but not required.

If that's the case, then the only thing you are accomplishing is denying members of the Dive Light Group the opportunity to obtain lots of parts and useful hardware at a tiny fraction of what they would have to pay elsewhere.

I have no intention of removing this thread, simply pointing out that this is not considered the appropriate way to handle sales here on CPF.

However, since this is not a "discussion topic" and is currently located in a "discussion forum" , I will close the thread.

You are most welcome, and encouraged, to facilitate your sale by listing your items in a proper WTS thread along with the prices you are asking for them.

Thank you for your altruism, and for your understanding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.