NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        

Thread: New member from Jersey (British Channel Islands)

Unenlightened

Default New member from Jersey (British Channel Islands)

Hi, my first recollection of using a flashlight was when I was a kid and my uncle gave me an old RAF issue right angled flashlight. When I was in my mid twenties I joined the ambulance service and was appalled at the weak and poor performing incandescent lights that were carried on UK ambulances.

In the UK at that time there wasnít any real choice if you wanted to buy your own torch (flashlight) but I discovered Maglites. I duly bought a six cell `Dí and 2 AA cell mini Maglite for work use. At the time they were revolutionary but never I never found them to be very reliable or powerful. In my quest to find something better I discovered Surefire lights. At the time anyone in the UK who spent more than £20 for a flashlight was considered a nut. No one could believe that Iíd spent over £100 on a Surefire M2!

Anyway, move on a few decades and Iím now an avid flashlight enthusiast so finding this site has been great and Iím sure itíll simply make me more determined to keep on buying yet more flashlights!

Default Re: New member from Jersey (British Channel Islands)

An RAF right angle flashlight... so would that be a RAF RAF?! Haha. Welcome to CPF!

Unenlightened

Welcome to the forum.