Charger: Only charging 18650s and don't need more than 2 slots. Xtar?

Wrecked

Enlightened
Just need to charge the 18650s that my Thrunite headlamp carries. I see a ton of chargers (and batteries). I'm just looking to charge safely and don't need more than 2 slots. I saw that Xtar VP recommended. Is that a good choice? I'd like to keep the price under $50.

Thanks!!

Keitho

Enlightened
+1 on the lygte site--I never buy a charger or cell without referring to that amazing piece of work first. CPF member HJK has worked for an uncountable, incredible number of hours over the course of years on it.

Lately, I'm enjoying a new "Xtar-Over4Slim-White" for $35. I'd only recommend that charger if you've got decent quality cells that you want to charge fast...like, really fast (over 4 Amps per cell, as the name suggests;18650 and 21700 only). For my more mundane daily charging when time is not of the essence, I use a Nitecore i8 (there's also an i4 and i2...I'll give you one guess how many slots are in each). But, don't take my word for it, look at lygte-info!

vBDKv

Newly Enlightened
Would also recommend the Nitecore D2. A slow charger at 500mah, but over the course of 4 years it has never let me down once.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Liitokala 202 twin bay, USB multi-chem charger that does all three li-ion voltages and has charging rates of 500mA and 1A, so good enough for the 18650s.

They're under $10 overseas, but check Ebay.

You could also try two of the Xtar MC1+, or ANT single slot li-ion chargers if you have a dual USB wall wart.

Chris