Alternative to chemical glow sticks

cmbtsmrf

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has an alternative to chemical glo sticks. I have looked at some of the other posts in the forums and have looked at the krill lights but they don't seems to be that great, and the website doesn't seem to have been updated for a very long time.

The Lazerbright sticks look good but the price tag does not ! LOL

So any other alternatives ?

Andrew

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I think it depends on how you are going to use the sticks as a single AAA LED light with a dim mode and diffuser could suffice and offer superior runtime and funcionality. I have a white "glo-stick" that operates off 4 button cells (AG13) with a single LED.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a lot of options.

One is the Nite Ize mini glow sticks - very small and light weight that run on AG3/LR41 cells. I posted some info on these here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?433022-Nite-Ize-LED-Mini-Glowsticks

Life Gear also has similar glow sticks that are bigger and some with built in flashlights/blinking modes that generally run on LR44 batteries.

Coleman has a glow stick with modes and built in flashlight that runs on a AAA cell; they sell these at target.

Lumen83

Enlightened
I use a surefire 6p with a diffuser that looks like what the air traffic control guys are waving around.