SF MN02

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone remember the expected life expectancy of one of these bulbs? I have one of the SF E2O incandescents headed my way, and I'm trying to find out as much as I can about the light.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
49070024371_caf26d758a_o.jpg
[/FONT]

Lumen83

Enlightened
Does anyone remember the expected life expectancy of one of these bulbs? I have one of the SF E2O incandescents headed my way, and I'm trying to find out as much as I can about the light.

I don't know the expectancy of the stock bulb but I can tell you that replacements are readily available from lumens factory and tads customs.

skillet

Enlightened
I've been using mine about every morning to get ready for work for about 4 years... I've haven't had a bulb fail yet and I think I have two spares. Hoping that TAD comes out with a 25 lumen incandescent option for it in the future.(or someone--tried to find a bi-pin bulb to use in one of his holders-no luck for me) It just seems so perfect for no light/low light conditions

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not saying they never burn out, but they are very reliable bulbs as are the MN01 and MN03.

I've never burned out an MN02 and I've been using them since they came out.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I don't know the expectancy of the stock bulb but I can tell you that replacements are readily available from lumens factory and tads customs.

You can get bulbs that fit in a E2O but not a MN02. That specific bulb is a gem! Low lumens long runtime.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast

49070024371_caf26d758a_o.jpg
[/FONT]

25 hours for all SF lamp assembies.

kelmo

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
So my light turned out to be an E2e, not an E2O. :shrug: Oh well, it came with a pair of MN02s.

49124410948_78895dfc26_b.jpg
[/FONT]

scout24

Flashaholic
Only difference is the laser engraving. You even got the long pocket clip! Score! 😁 Enjoy, they're probably my favorite form factor.

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone remember the voltage of the MN02? Is it safe to use them with KeepPower 16650 li-ions? Or will the bulb go :poof:?

scout24

Flashaholic
MN-02 is a 6v bulb. It will run but be dim on a 16650, and it's not particularly good for bulb life to be run under-voltage. I've done it in a pinch though, and it does work. I don't often link to other threads, but I have the following bookmarked, printed out hard copy, etc. :) Happy reading if you're so inclined.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...e-17670-Replacement-Bulbs-Threads-of-Interest!

Any of the 17670 info can pretty much substitute 16650 and still be relevant.

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
So my light turned out to be an E2e, not an E2O. :shrug: Oh well, it came with a pair of MN02s.

There weren't a whole lot of E2O-HA's made, and I don't have very many. It was kind of a nitch thing for a few years before and during the time the E2O Outdoorsman LED was released. Most of the MN02's I run are in E2e's. But you can run it in any two cell E-series compatible body with an incan head. I stocked up on MN02's over the years, anticipating things as they are today, and I'm glad I did. The lamp runs a very long time at nearly the same brightness, it's kinda hard to tell sometimes when it is starting to go dead.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was there an E2O led model that was different from the E2L? I did not know this...

I was referring to the E2L-HA and E1L-HA using the KL1 LED head which started production when the E2O-HA incan was still being made.

There were later variations that used KX2a/b, KX1a/b type heads, but they all came after the E2O-HA incan was discontinued. E2L-AA is one example.

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was there an E2O led model that was different from the E2L? I did not know this...

I might have been confused by your initial question. They are all referred to as the "Outdoorsman". Example: E2L and E1L has "Outdoorsman" laser engraved on the body. Those lights that were marketed at the time as being lower output/longer runtime versions of a higher output, more tactical oriented light. The E2O with the MN02 being a lower output version of the E2e with the MN03, and the E2L/E1L with the KL1 LED head, being a lower output version of the L4 Lumamax with the KL4 LED head. That's where the later models all branch from.

Last edited: