Action Camera Question

harro

Enlightened
Hi all, does anyone here ( motorcyclists/ bicycle riders ) have any experience with EBAY, Amazon, BangGood, etc, action cameras?? I understand GoPro and all it's sold separately accessories, is the benchmark for these things, but for a first time purchase, I probably don't want to spend the $100's and $100's of dollars involved with one of them. Any suggestions out there??

Many thanks for your thoughts,
Mike.

Thousands have experience with knockoff cams on Amazon, and they rate them. That is a much better population sample than here. But since you asked here, I have used GoPro, Garmin VIRB, and DBPOWER. DBPOWER was $40. If I were buying cheap, I'd buy an older GoPro. My Hero 3+ is still an awesome camera. You can buy them refurbished (like new) for less than $75.

I use mine for off road motorcycle riding, like this:

NOTE: I edit all my vids with VIRB Edit, so this may have been filmed with my Hero 3+. Also, don't judge the quality by what YouTube is showing. Still not sure how to get them to show up in highest resolution.

Last edited:

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd second going with a GoPro you can afford.

But I gotta say Jim, if you are serious about your videos, you would just love, love the Hero 7 stablization, as it is crazy. And for sure don't misunderstand: NOT just the hyperlapse feature linked here. All the others, just check out how smooth it is. I feel it really changes the watchability of videos like yours for folks not also riding. You would be shocked, I think.

obi