Help me pick. Acebeam T27 Or Olight Javelin Pro.

busseguy

Enlightened
So I'm planning on ordering one of these. I like the Acebeam T27 for it's smaller length but noticed you only get about 1 minute till the brightness drops significantly. I guess I can just keep topping it off more often.

Then I found out about the new Olight Javelot Pro 2100. It's longer but that's not a deal breaker.

Which one will throw farther for longer with a brighter hot spot?

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks.

TacLumen

Newly Enlightened
I have the Javelot and Javelot Pro. I really like both but I prefer the tint of the Javelot.
I can't speak on the T27

Kean

Newly Enlightened
So spec wise they are about the same around 1000 meters. I have the Javelot (not Pro) and T27 so I can confirm your questions. Both hot spots beam profile are almost identical (Javelot is slightly smaller and more focused) and battery time with the T27 is definitely lower. I prefer the smaller size of the T27 so I've been carrying that while the Javelot stays in the car. I suspect the Pro has a slightly larger spot as it's twice the lumen output for the same distance. The one thing I don't like about the Olight is the battery packs they make. You can't use your own batteries so you have to buy their packs which aren't the greatest (and pricy). I have the X9R and X7R which are great but the packs are losing capacity already. And the X7R have no replaceable capability. I suspect the Pro is the same way which is why I'm staying away for now. If you need distance why not consider the Acebeam W30? Granted it only has one light level output but it's 2000 some odd meters (and NO spill).

Kean

Newly Enlightened
T27 and Javelot are definitely brighter than the M3XS-UT. It surprised me but considering the age difference it's to be expected.

busseguy

Enlightened
Well I went with the Acebeam T27. It arrived yesterday so I tried it out last night.

I have to say that I'm definitely underwhelmed. I was expecting a bright hotspot surrounded by some spill but you don't really see a hotspot just a large amount of light which doesn't look as bright as my Olight M3XS-UT.

Does anyone know if this light would benefit from an aspheric lens to give it more hotspot and less spill?

I guess I should have done more homework on it, I just assumed it would have had a definite bright hotspot :-(

Latest posts