Need a good single cell travel charger....

jkid1911

Enlightened
Looking for a single cell travel charger. I know that the MP1S can charge 18350 and 18650.

Is the Xtar MP1S a good choice for charging a Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mah and a Keepower IMR18350 1200mah?

Opinions would be very greatly appreciated thanks !!

Last edited:

akula88

Enlightened
I'm currently only using single cell chargers :
UGPmA0g.jpg

(left) Liitokala Lii-100 - uses micro-USB as power input. Can also act as emergency powerbank/charger for your phones. Limited charging displays. Inexpensive.
and (right) Opus BT-C100 - uses it's own power adapter or by a 2A micro-usb. full analyzing charger, and can also be act as emergency powerbank. I do have current issue with charging Panasonic NCR18650B right now, but more like a battery compatibility issue :(.

jkid1911

Enlightened
Hey folks, thanks for all the great information!

Would definitely appreciate any additional opinions and especially personal experiences thanks!

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Foursevens flex charger at dark sucks. Olight has one too and i think there are other knock offs.
Foursevens_USB_Flex_Charger_01.jpg

I definitely second this recommendation; I have bought nearly a dozen over the years, for myself and for gifts, and they work very well, but I would stick with FourSevens or Olight as the provider; I wouldn't get a knock-off. For about $10 each, it's not worth the chance of getting a bum one. Our favorite online retailer that is named after a famous South American river has several listings if you search for "universal magnetic USB battery charger" -- just sayin'.

I keep one in my truck, one in my computer bag, one in the "box o' stuff" we take with us when we travel, and I have one or two stashed in various places around the house. They charge NiCad, NiMH, Li-Ion... whatever fits, basically, and just need a standard USB-A port as a power supply.

Last edited:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the BT-C100 and the olight magnetic travel charger. I keep the olight in my EDC backpack and Opus in a small tools bag. I highly recommend both.

PartyPete

Enlightened
I have one of the variants of the Xtar MC1...I forget which model exactly but it's small, single cell and charges basically anything with the use of spacers if needed. No NiMH support unfortunately though.

jkid1911

Enlightened
Thanks for all the great input!

For the record I have one of the Foursevens Flex chargers, but looking to add something with a stable platform like a housing to support the battery while charging for example in the car.

As a result of all the great info I'm going to invest in a good quality 2 bay unit with display for sure but still want to add a single bay one as well.

alabamaXL

Newly Enlightened
I have a couple of Klarus K1 chargers. They seem to work fine from micro USB. charges every kind of cell pretty much. I also have Xtar MC1-ant charger - very simple, but only charges lithium ion at 4.2V. I looked at getting 2A chargers but most of those seemed to suffer from heat issues, so decided to keep it simple. I'm leery of these as power banks, since it is needless complication. If I want a power banks, I'll get or make a separate one that is optimized for that function.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
My smallest travel charger is the Xtar MC1. Only 500mA, but at that speed it's good for 14500's as well as 18650's (though slow). I've sometimes used the Xtar MC2S, which is a faster version with 2 slots (both up to 1 amp), though it's obviously a bit bigger than the MC1.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
My smallest travel charger is the Xtar MC1. Only 500mA, but at that speed it's good for 14500's as well as 18650's (though slow). I've sometimes used the Xtar MC2S, which is a faster version with 2 slots (both up to 1 amp), though it's obviously a bit bigger than the MC1.

MC1+ does 500mA and 1A, same with the ANT variant. A little hot for 16340s, but not catastrophic for a few cycles. The Xtar XP1 Hummingbird is my go-to charger for 14500s/AAs and smaller.

Chris

Latest posts