1x123 Twisty Options - what's left?

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trying to keep things under $100 with a 1x123/16340 twisty format for pocket carry - Not a fan of side switches in this application

I currently have a Jet II that replaced a Fenix E15 that I thought I lost - but feeling what's out there

parametrek

Enlightened
You've already got 2 of the major options. There is also the Foursevens (Prometheus) Mini Mk III and the Mini Turbo Mk III.

I have the older Mini Turbo Mk II and I really like it.

The Mini is very similar to the Jet II you already have. The Mini Mk II had a 2 way clip that let it double as a hatlight. Unfortunately this was removed in the Mk III and a magnet was added.

Sos24

Enlightened
You've already got 2 of the major options. There is also the Foursevens (Prometheus) Mini Mk III and the Mini Turbo Mk III.

The Mini is very similar to the Jet II you already have. The Mini Mk II had a 2 way clip that let it double as a hatlight. Unfortunately this was removed in the Mk III and a magnet was added.

The FourSevens Mini is what I was going to suggest as well. A clip is available for the Mini MkIII, but it is not two way.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Not a fan of side switches in this application

You're correct about the side switch. I got the newer, smaller, warmer tint Fenix E16 and the side switch is akward for a small light. Having used an E15 a lot, it's a hard design to beat for quick & repeated in and out of the pocket use.

De-Lux

Enlightened
There is always the Peak Logan if you don't mind not having a pocket clip. I have a few, they are bomb proof.

Croquette

Enlightened
Oveready p20 host and a nice drop in.

A bit more than 100 bucks, a bit bigger put bomb proof, reliable, upgradable.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the E15 still and use both versions from the Briefcase all the time but the Mini is a lot more light too which is either good or not depending on your wants.
I also really like the Jetbeam and the 1/4" threaded rear is really handy to me!

The E15 along with the Jetbeam are simple twisty but the Mini lets you choose a group of modes from 6 different setups and makes for a more full featured light than couples with mounting options for the clip.keychain and Hat? and there are more features there that the others do not offer too.
A real Moonlight level option is my most used Mini feature that the other 2 still do not offer?

I actually prefer the simple ones a lot of times and am not trying to suggest that the Mini blows the others away but they do offer more options and just wanted to get that out there.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks - I actually use the 500 lumen mode a lot - so I guess I'll look into the revamped 4sevens minis -

I generally have my light suspension clipped to my back pocket (regular clips tend to have the light fall out for me)

loved 1x123 twisties ever since the firefly popularized them - tail switches are fine, but also rare nowadays and adds length - sideswitches are too easy to turn on, and annoying to unlock

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I do not know if the Jet Beam RRT01 qualifies but with infinite adjustment and able to run on a primary or RCR it's a sweet little light.

(I received one as a surprise gift recently and frankly I was impressed.)

Vemice

Enlightened
thanks, i forgot about the rrt
+1
Really like mine. Comes with a rechargeable battery.
ZNMtn5Hl.jpg

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll sure second the recommendation for the Mini's. :thumbsup:

A couple of years ago I was traveling around Asia in both cities and villages with several lights and I found that the one I kept coming back to was a Mini Turbo Mk II. It goes bright enough to look for snakes on a Thai footpath and dim enough to set up a camera and tripod to capture a starscape on a moonless mountain night.

I've since bought the Turbo Mk III but I don't like the cheesy magnet on the end so I put the Turbo Mk III head on a Mk II body.