Melbourne Australia 2020 (?)

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast

Got this really throwy Astrolux FT03 !

3.jpg

Screenshot-70.jpg

harro

Enlightened
True enough. It's how it goes I guess. The last 12 months I have had to deal with an aggressive bone/soft tissue cancer, but I only have one round of surgery to go, touch wood. I'd certainly be up for around the April 2020 or thereabouts. An arvo/evening meet so we can see some of those neat a/c maybe.
Mike.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
True enough. It's how it goes I guess. The last 12 months I have had to deal with an aggressive bone/soft tissue cancer, but I only have one round of surgery to go, touch wood. I'd certainly be up for around the April 2020 or thereabouts. An arvo/evening meet so we can see some of those neat a/c maybe.
Mike.

Hope everything goes well with the surgery ..
Plan on taking toys to the next meet .. 2019 has had some of the worst ( windy ) weather that I can remember .

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
That wing is 2s , battery is a 300mAh Nanotech ...
Motor is a 1104 4000kv
Prop is a 3830 Electric .
ESC is 10 or 12 amp
RX is a 4ch FS2A ( Flysky protocol ) micro rx

For such a small wing , it does fly surprisingly well .
All that wind = Not exactly a relaxing flight .

bdogps

Enlightened
Yeah I am keen for a meet up next year. I hope more people see this thread and are keen in coming next year. The astrolux looks like a beast!

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast

My DIY scratch built 3mm Depron Su-27

F949 flight control board
10mm brushed motor

Sketchy at best !

Needs some work ( some fine tuning )

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast

Volantrex Sport Cub 500

I should weigh it !
Probably put on a little weight over Christmas ( Mods and repairs ) It's in the Low 30 gram region . ( 32.6 grams )
2nd video is me flight trimming for level flight , it does fly hands off ( Which is good )
Still needs EXPO due to the rearward ( stunt ) CG location . Elevator is super sensitive .

Yes , built to be 1s ..
The F949 flight control board came out of my X450 wing , and was re-used for this Depron Su-27 project .
@ full throttle that 10mm motor pulls a lot of juice ..
Though there is little reason to use more than 50% throttle ( Not that large a speed difference )

Last edited:

harro

Enlightened
Hahaha, LOVE the little Cub, it flies like a dream. Obviously the EMR from the HT lines doesn't worry 2.4Ghz. Whats the span of it, about 15" - 18". You could potter round all day with that. Hmmm, whats next, a tiny little camera for it??

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
[h=2]Volantex Sport Cub 500 761-4 500mm Wingspan ( 4CH ) [/h]
Can be purchased all over the place .. Yes , flies very nice for a 500mm model .
If they are all like mine = Highly recommended .

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have not done a flashlight mod in the longest time ..
I put my Nitecore D11 at risk for a emitter upgrade .
Did buy some modern emitters from KD , but I killed the emitter I wanted to use .
Lucky a had a XP-L from cutter which I ended up using .

I wanted to use a copper base , butt !

Anyhows , that D11 has more output now on a AA .

No pictures . It was a tricky mod and I hate really small stuff ( Working on ) . So I was concentrating on not killing the D11 rather than taking pictures .

I have another D11 , so if this one does not develop issues or die . Then I might mod the other .

I purchased a 2nd in case I killed one doing a mod , but that was a long time ago .. ( More than 5 years I am guessing )

One D11 under the belt ... Now I can think about the other ( My first one )

Oh dear ! CoronaVirus !!!

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's good to see Old keeping this thread alive. I hope everyone's staying safe and at home while the world burns around us!

I bought my first new lights in years the other month. Let me tell you the Astrolux MF01s is good for a giggle at 12,000 odd lumens :poof: