Best 6v surefire

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

What is the best 6v SureFire light i need something to take the place of my mag 3d.
I was also wondering if surefire makes a reduced output lamp for my 9z so it will run longer

Thanks is advance

Brock

Flashaholic
I depends if you want small size or durability and ability to use hi power lamps. The E2 is smaller and lighter and about the same brightness as the M2 with a standard P60 lamp. The M2 is practically bulletproof, but larger, with a shock isolated bezel and waterproof. The M2 can also use the P61 lamp running 120 lumens. I personally would choose the E2 for size/weight reasons.

Chas

Newly Enlightened
I second Brock's recommendation for the E2, in part because in one of the other threads here someone mentioned they will be making a 23 lumens - and I'm sure it will soon be so because if you go here http://www.pk-engineering.com/spec/LAMP_MATRIXL.PDF you wll see that they show a 30 lumens lamp. Either the 23 or 30 lumens (which ever it comes out to be) will make for a good extended run time compared to the 60 lumen, but won't be as bright. I truly like mine it's great and I'm thinking of getting one for my wife too.

Best Regards,

Size15's

Flashaholic
For me, there are three 6V SureFire models that suit my needs. The E2, the G2 and the M2.
I have the E2 with me "offentimes" because of it's tiny size and weight.
I have the M2 with me when I want the Ultimate 2 cell 123A Flashlight in terms of toughness etc and output with the P61.
I have the G2 with P60 that I use around the house etc. My Black G2 is soon to be joined by a Yellow G2 because I use the G2 so I want to be able to find it more quickly in low-light.

It's exciting that a low output lamp for the E2 looks like it's on the way. I'm also excited about the LED bezels SureFire is producing for it's main lines of lights.

Whilst I find the SureFire CombatGrip very useful, I don't need it in isolation so the M2 or C2 would be more suitable for me then the Z2. However, I really appreciate the Shock Isolated Bezel of the M2 because I spent ages trying to break a Lamp Module, so I'd suggest the M2 over the C2.

The 6P is a Classic, but the D2 has a PocketClip that I use on my M2 all the time.

I would suggests the E2 or the M2 depending how you are using your SureFire.

Al

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Al, do you know whether pk is going to incorporate a Luxeon Star LED or an array of Nichias?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Email him and ask!

It's not as if I've got him on the end of a red phone or anything (I wish!)

Even better then emailing him would be call SureFire (it's free)

If SureFire put a Luxeon Star in any SureFire, I'd bet on the E Series being the most suitable of a single Luxeon Star. I doubt you'll see this for a long time (if ever) Of course I'd love to be proven wrong!
wink.gif

The Millennium (larger diameter) Bezel has an array of LEDs. I assume PK will put as many in a 1" diameter Bezel as he can.

Al

D

**DONOTDELETE**

You are correct SCOTT Hk is the best out there
smile.gif

Later

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SCOTT THE BADGER:
I have an M3 on my duty belt to support my HK USP45F. Heckler & Koch, and SureFire, the best there is.
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting! People with an eye for high-quality products and excellence in engineering choose the same things...

I use a Surefire M2 with my HK USP45C myself...
smile.gif

JM-99

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Obviously people with good taste populate this board. I like my 9P, or 9N, and USP45f.

Back on topic. The high output lamp (the P61) can be used with the original, Z2 combat light, C2, D2, M2, and the G2. It depends on the size and total output you want. The E3 is slightly smaller than the others, and will have the 23 lumen longer run lamp, as well as the standard lamp with it's 70 minute run-time. The other models will have the standard p60 lamp with 65 lumens for about 60 minutes, and the p61 120 lumen lamp for about 20 minutes. If you want the smallest then the E2, the lightest would be the G2, the toughest is definately the M2. I think that the C2 is a good mix of features. It only has a pyrex lens, and the bezel doesn't have the shock resitance of the M2, but those are fairly minor points to me.

There is one other thing you could do. It might fit both your needs. You could get or make a battery blank, and use just 2 batteries in your 9Z with the p60 lamp. This would give you 3 hours of light with 6 batteries instead of just 2 hours.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Unless you know something I don't, there is no SureFire E3. You mean of course the low output E2 Lamp that maybe the MN02??!

The G2 is surprisingly tough. A LockOut TailCap would make it one of the best Flashlights around (IMHO)

Al

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Depending ones needs is what will determine the best 6v SureFire. I'm still partial to the 6P for duty use, but then again, I use it with an adapter as a 6R for the rechargeable option. I like the 6Z (now the Z2) quite a bit as well, very reliable and compact light. I've carrying a E2 a lot of duty as of late and love the compactness of this light.
And then there are the M2, C2, D2. Best advice, if available go to a local SureFire dealer and test them and see which one feels most comfortable and suits your needs best. You may even determine that a rechargeable 8AX/NX or 9AN are more to your liking. Best of luck in your pursuit for the right SureFire(s).

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Unicorn:
Obviously people with good taste populate this board

I think that the C2 is a good mix of features. It only has a pyrex lens,......
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unicorn, do you mean Pyrex, or Lexan in the C2 ?

Tastefully,

Lite-lover
confused.gif
rolleyes.gif
shocked.gif
smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Now I've always been confused about this because the catalogue isn't clear, and the Black C2 I have is an engineering sample with Lexan Lens Bezel.
I think it should have a Pyrex Lens.
I believe I got a Black C2 body before the Black Bezels with Pyrex Lenses were ready. The C2-HA is pretty much the old M2 as far as I can tell but with only the P60 rather then both Lamp Modules.

I use the C2 as the body for the N1 & TurboHead in field-testing comparing it to the M3 etc. The Bezel that came with it hasn't seen much use. The N1 beam is very high quality, but the 100Lu threshold of the 3 cell SureFires is significant in terms of improved ability to project at longer ranges.