• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New Product Announcement: NITECORE TM9K 9500 Lumen Flashlight

NitecoreStore

Enlightened
NITECORE TM9K 9500 Lumen USB-C QC Rechargeable LED Flashlight

9x CREE XP-L HD V6 LEDs for a max output of 9500 lumens
Built-in 5000mAh Li-ion battery​
QC - quick charge compatible USB-C port (cable included)​
Dual tail switch - one tap 9500 lumen strobe

Now taking pre-orders! Use coupon code CPF15OFF to save 15%

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a spring on the head end of the tube? Probably not but I am curious.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
9500 lumens from a single 21700, 40mm/1.57 in. head diameter, 218 gms/7.68 oz: Omg! That is a lot of lumens from a single 21700 cell. Of course, turbo run time and throw will be not high in order to have so much lumens from so small a package.

I think that right now, this item is the maximum lumens from such a size. I am very excited about this!

---------------
9,500 lumens from a single 21700 cell. Omg! Omg!

NitecoreStore

Enlightened
I checked the CREE LED manufacturer website and for the CREE XP-L HD V6 there are a couple of variations that range from 6000k to 6500k unfortunately I do not have on hand the specific ones used in manufacturing. However having seen the light in action I would say it is a very cool white but without the "bluish" tint either, almost a pure white.

NitecoreStore

Enlightened
Yes, of course when the specifications first came to us in the marketing department, naturally our first question was, why did they not make the battery replaceable/removable for alternative charging methods? The reasoning behind it was that after lots of test, the only way to achieve the >9000 lumen mark with a single 21700 is to basically solder the battery ends to the leads of the flashlight. (No flimsy spring connectors in the TM9K) This way you have a thick enough/strong enough connection that can basically handle the high current draw required to power the >9000 turbo.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I completely understand what Nitecore was going for here and I like that they're aggressively pushing the performance envelope. With that stated, the sealed (soldered in battery) should be aggressively marketed. So much of the market is programed to understand that these high performance lights usually have user replaceable cells. By not offering user replaceable cells and then not explaining why, it could retard the amount of sales success the light will see.

On the other hand, if the marketing team states, that in order to accomplish this lumen output, certain performance designs had to be implemented, including a soldered battery, and other special, low resistance measures, buyers will then understand that they're giving up the replaceable cell concept, in order to gain maximum performance. This has to be one of the highest output, single cell production flashlights made, and Nitecore should be boasting about this, while explaining some of the engineering that was required to make it happen.

In any case, I think this is a very interesting light but right now the marketing verbiage glosses over the the battery situation, when its should actually be highlighting it as a performance measure.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I completely understand what Nitecore was going for here and I like that they're aggressively pushing the performance envelope. With that stated, the sealed (soldered in battery) should be aggressively marketed. So much of the market is programed to understand that these high performance lights usually have user replaceable cells. By not offering user replaceable cells and then not explaining why, it could retard the amount of sales success the light will see.

On the other hand, if the marketing team states, that in order to accomplish this lumen output, certain performance designs had to be implemented, including a soldered battery, and other special, low resistance measures, buyers will then understand that they're giving up the replaceable cell concept, in order to gain maximum performance. This has to be one of the highest output, single cell production flashlights made, and Nitecore should be boasting about this, while explaining some of the engineering that was required to make it happen.

In any case, I think this is a very interesting light but right now the marketing verbiage glosses over the the battery situation, when its should actually be highlighting it as a performance measure.

Looking forward to seeing more!
I do not see an official reply to your request for official explanation, but I decided to not wait. Mine is ready to ship, I should be getting it soon. I will post my initial comments soon, but to avoid cross-posting, I will post in another section of this forum, instead of here.

SKV89

Enlightened
I tested the Nitecore TM9K using the Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with Maukka lights and a Sekonic C-800-U spectrometer. Output taken at 2s from turn-on.

Nitecore TM9KTurbo8,190 lumens6637K0.0017 DUV69.7 CRIBlue light relative amplitude 1.00-25.2 R944.2 R1265 Rf96 Rgincluded battery
Nitecore TM9KTurbo1,879 lumens6247K0.0057 DUV69.0 CRIBlue light relative amplitude 1.00-34.7 R941.2 R1266 Rf95 Rgincluded battery
Nitecore TM9KTurbo446 lumens6109K0.0072 DUV69.2 CRIBlue light relative amplitude 1.00-37.1 R940.0 R1267 Rf95 Rgincluded battery
Nitecore TM9KTurbo124 lumens6121K0.0066 DUV69.1 CRIBlue light relative amplitude 1.00-35.9 R940.5 R1267 Rf95 Rgincluded battery
Nitecore TM9KTurbo33 lumens6543K0.0025 DUV70.0 CRIBlue light relative amplitude 1.00-26.6 R941.7 R1266 Rf96 Rgincluded battery
Note: the TA lumen tube gives lower readings for mules and extremely floody lights. I think we can add 5-10% to the measured output of this light.

The light looks good and it is extremely floody with a somewhat noticeable hotspot at the center. Makes for a great indoor light especially for large spaces. The output is really limited by the 5000K battery in it. I think it is a 50E or M50T rated at 10A continuous. If they used the brand new Samsung 50G rumored to have 15A continouous, it should be able to hit 10k lumens. I'm sure if it used a high current battery like the P42A or 40T, it can do 12k+. I know this is meant as a tactical light but I just wish it could tail stand. I don't like the CCT and tint though so probably won't ever use it as a tail stand light.