Tail Click Comparable to ZL SC64w?

SSANDERS

Newly Enlightened
Is there a light out there that is comparable (size, output, levels,etc) to the ZL SC64w, but tail click? The ZL specs out just right, but I don't love side buttons.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
There really is nothing like a ZL period in usability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSANDERS

Newly Enlightened
There really is nothing like a ZL period in usability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is kind of the conclusion I'm coming to.
It's a shame. Because that light with a recessed tail switch would be amazing.

SSANDERS

Newly Enlightened
I just ran across the Fenix LD30. If they wouldn't have put a full 1" head on it, it might have been a candidate.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't mind going for a triple LED light, there's the FW3A.

Or if you want something a bit less finicky perhaps the Acebeam TK18.

If having a great UI isn't critical another option is the Folomov 18650s

All three of the above lights have tailcap electronic switches.

SSANDERS

Newly Enlightened
If you don't mind going for a triple LED light, there's the FW3A.

Or if you want something a bit less finicky perhaps the Acebeam TK18.

If having a great UI isn't critical another option is the Folomov 18650s

All three of the above lights have tailcap electronic switches.

Thanks.

The acebeam seams to miss the 300-400 lumen setting that I usually use the most.

I'll have to look into the Folomov. Looks interesting.

JStraus

Newly Enlightened
This is kind of the conclusion I'm coming to.
It's a shame. Because that light with a recessed tail switch would be amazing.

I didn't really like side switch lights but I actually like them now. You may have tried and still don't like them, but I think Zebralights quality, UI, and efficiency is worth the switch.

I now prefer to carry my side-switch lights in the palm of my hand, carrying the light near my face, and with my index finger on the switch with the light facing out of the outside of my palm. I find that articulating clicks and double clicks etc. are easier done with my fingers rather than my thumb.

Keitho

Enlightened
That's a cool carry method, interesting to hear how others do it. Somehow, I got in the habit of pulling my ZL out of my front pocket and holding it as if it had a tail switch (or like it was a dagger that I was about to use to go all psycho), with my thumb resting on the back of the light, and my pinky on the side button. I've gotten pretty good at navigating the UI with my pinky. I'd complain about the extra length and weight, but I think I'd like it if ZL implemented a tail switch with the Acebeam UI--tail switch turns on turbo, every time, no matter what, while the side switch gets you to the standard multi-mode UI.

PAlightlover

Newly Enlightened
Check out the folomov 18650s. It's one of the shortest tail clickys on the market atm at 3.9in. may be a bit wider. There will be 2 options a 5000k and 3000k. Some people have had problems with the 3000k option turning bluish on high so 5000k may be the way to go.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
The biggest feature to me that sets the ZL apart from everything else is simply the U.I.

You have ready access to 6 of the 12 modes that the light offers right away almost as soon as you turn the light on.
Add to that the newest versions let you stick any level at any of the options to press the button and you get a light that there just is nothing else like in the market.

The closest thing to this interface or flexibility is the HDS I think where you can assign 4 different levels or functions to the button but they are not really the same either.

The rest of the ZL features are arguably able to be had in other lights but not the user interface.

There just is nothing else like them that I am aware of at all.

SSANDERS

Newly Enlightened
Hmm,

I just ran across the Eagetac D25LC2. Why isn't that light more talked about (maybe it is)?
Looks like the smallest recessed tail click 18650 I've seen.