DonX_Fi

Newly Enlightened
Hello
My friend found this old searchlight.
He wants restore the light
All data is welcome

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only have a very few things to tell since I am alble to read what it is written on the sign. I am German :)

From what there is stated it seems it is a "Kohlebogen Lampe" (engl. arc light). On the sign it is stated "Kohlenmarke" (in engl. ~"brand of the carbon"), "Lichtbogenlänge", (~ in engl. "electric arc length").
At all I could imagine that this light was somewhere mounted on a ship as "searchlight". The socket looks like something like that.
The sign also says "Gleichstrom Netz xxxVolt" (~engl. "DC Supply xxx Volt") . "Stromstärke xx Amp" (engl. "Amperage xxx Amp"), "Lampenspannung 44 Volt" (~ engl. "Lampe voltage 44 Volt"). Additionally the dimenstions of the positive and negative carbon electrode (Pos. Kohle / Neg. Kohle - Durchm, Länge) (~engl "Pos. Carbon / Neg. Carbon - Diameter, Length)

Unfortunately the writing of the sign can not be read very well. I am not able to read everything on this sign. I also did not identified the type of this light on the sign. Maybe it is stated in the same line you identified the 1924. It seems like there is stated "Fabrikat" that means ~manufacture. But at all this line is not good to read.

Maybe it helps a little bit.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
it is a carbon rod light, not sure where you can get carbon rods these days.
if by restoring you mean leave original outside, and retrofit with modern leds, than the sky is the limit, you got plenty of room,