The best "1 light to rule them all" XL EDC light

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
So I've bought a lot of lights... perhaps more than a hundred :help: but let me clarify than the vast majority of those are gifts I give to other people. (Tangent but I work for an NGO doing relief work in war zones disaster areas. Presently I'm between Iraq & Syria. Getting supplies in and out often takes bribes which I have conscience issues with. I do often though sincerely give gifts to generals/leaders AFTER the fact and #1 gifts are lights. To be further removed from the "bribe category" AND I find if done right, it means more to them I don't give new lights... I usually give the light I'm carrying - slightly used. An added benefit to that is I get to see all these different lights!)

Anyways I haven't been excited about a light for a while but I recently got a custom (I get lots of customs) Eagle Tac G25C2vn from Vinh with his VN4 driver and white 2 LED. It was about $150 and has about a 1.5" head which means it fits great in my side pockets. On high 950L and 130K throw is great for a light this small.

Also as I loan it out all the time the UI is great - I've got it set so 1 click is moonlight and fast double click is Turbo which means I have instant access to the 2 modes I'm most likely to want instant access to. (Moonlight is awesome in a war zone where you're not armed, very few have NVG and you don't want the Turks or FSA to see where you're at.) Further more when I loan it out I don't have to worry about someone buring up my batteries too quickly or overheating it because I don't tell them about the double click. They just know 1 click on for moonlight and 2nd for 5% and 3rd for 30% which by the time their eyes get used to moonlight they're impressed with 30%.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I'm not sure where you are going with this topic exactly, but it is in the wrong place.

The "LED" subforum is specifically for technical discussion of emitters.