USB magnetic charger for Eneloops

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone recommend a USB magnetic charger for use with my Eneloop AA and AAA batteries. After reading through and posting in a travel setup thread I became interested in this style of charger to save space over the standard 4 slot Eneloop charger. Good build quality and reliability are favored attributes to me over speed. Thanks for any input!

nbp

Flashaholic
They are also great to have on hand for an odd size li-ion that may not fit in your regular charger. Like that one 26350 floating around...

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Double Moderator Approved! If it's good enough for you two gentlemen I'll consider it a go. Arrives on Friday. Will be great to drop into this little kit pouch that I take camping or when I travel.Untitled by Six Pound Cat, on Flickr

aris1234

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to bring up an old thread - i was searching for info and came across it.

I had an issue with an AAA which was discharged down to 0.8v (Ikealoop). The Olight would not recognise it. I spoke with Olight support and they said that any battery below 0.9v will not be recognised. I'm not sure if there is a way around this other than charging it elsewhere until it gets to > 0.9v. If anyone has any suggestions - i'd like to hear them.

keithy

Enlightened
I had an issue with an AAA which was discharged down to 0.8v (Ikealoop). The Olight would not recognise it.
I've occasionally had this happen with some of my AA/AAAs when traveling with only the Olight UC charger.
If you have a good NiMH > 0.8V, you can try the "jumpstart" trick for bumping up the voltage of the low voltage cell.

Place both cells on something conductive (like a paper clip or metal ruler) - so that both negative ends are connected. Then connect both positive ends. Leave both ends connected for 20-30 seconds. Then try the "dead" battery in the Olight again.

You probably could use the metal connectors of the Olight charger to do this trick with AAAs (when the Olight charger is not connected to a USB power source of course). Not sure I could successfully do it with AAs.

Latest posts