Need advice on a good soda can light!!

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two of these lights and both run off of 4 18650 cells. The problem I am running into is neither one has an output anywhere near what they were rated. I just got one off Amazon that was rated at 10000 lumens. It is an off brand name, and I knew it would not put out that much, but I have lights that put out 1000 to 1500 lumens that out shine it. I would have been happy with just half of what it was rated. My question is this. Is there a light like this that actually puts out what it advertises that does not break the bank? I am looking for one that is around $70.00 or less. Sofirn makes one that is $62.00 that looks good, and I am familiar with a few of their lights, but has anybody else owned one that is worth its weight in lumens?? :D Thanks for any information all of you could throw my way!!

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I actually ended up ordering a Sofirn Q8, but may end up going in another direction. Amazon put the Lumintop FW3A on sale for a good price, and that may end up meeting my needs a bit better. I want a real bright light to carry with me when I am taking wildlife photos in the woods. It is also a bit smaller and I may have a holster to put it in. I will get them both in Sunday and will see how they both are then! :cool: