C2 Centurion

Outrider212

Newly Enlightened
Greetings,

Found a C2 Centurion in one of my old duffel bags. After a few searches Ive found my way here. I've already surmised that pretty much everything made for the C2 was discontinued years ago. Is this thing worth keeping, and if so, what tail caps/ bulbs can I use in it? Definitely not opposed to going LED.

Cheers

scout24

Flashaholic
Congrats on the C2! One of my all time favorites. Google search "Surefire 6P upgrades", "P60 dropins", "Z41 McClicky kit" in the CPF search bar, above and right side below the header. You can spend $20 on up ton many hundreds of dollars making the C2 into pretty much anything you want. We're here to help! Enjoy the ride... :)

Lumensfsctory still makes compatible bulbs if you want to stay incandescent, by the way.

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my greatest flashaholic regrets in life is selling my Centurion. Lots of cool ways to upgrade it. If it were mine, I'd get the 219b version of the Malkoff M61, still available from illumination supply. If high CRI is not your thing, then I'd go straight to Malkoff Devices and get the flavor of M61 you like most. These drop ins are essentially indestructible and will make the most of your flashlight.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I literally just scored one on eBay for cheap. Very cheap. And in pretty good shape. Never had one before. Not even sure what I'm going to do with it but for the price it was a no brainer. Looks like a great light.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Although I know that some here prefer the Z's, for my money, the C-series SureFires are best-of-the-best P60 hosts.

Congrats and :welcome:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the illumn.com special edition P60 drop-ins - the Malkoff 219b V3s. Unfortunately there's only like 3 left, so if you want one, action it fast. I have two: a LL and a LLL. For a single mode light, the lower lumens is more all-around useful (for me).

Outrider212

Newly Enlightened
Judging by all the congrats I got on the find, I'm gonna assume it's very much worth keeping.

Im gonna try to find a click on tail cap to replace the momentary/twist on it came with, and probably a nice LED and reflector with great throw.

Looks like a lot of folks also have the body bored out to fit an 18650. Not sure I like that idea as it doesn't look like there would be much of a wall left.

scout24

Flashaholic
A 16650 rechargable cell will fit perfectly in a stock C2 without bore work and run all but the most high powered drop in modules. Runtime depends on power demands, but spare cells are easy to carry.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found a C2 Centurion in one of my old duffel bags.
Is this thing worth keeping,

Haha!! Sorry, kinda misquoted you there, but posts like this make me laugh. You got a gem there. I wish I could look into old dufflebags and find random classic Surefire lights.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the Sportac dropins. Well made, affordable and a good variety.

They look good quality. Seems they only offer cool white though. I see 5K listed as both "cool" and "neutral" on the same page of their site.

I consider 4K to be where cool tint starts. Though most will refer to 4K as neutral.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Someone say c2, lot of love here. One of my all time fav's for sure.
7xUS9MYl.jpg

Cryos bezels , OR triad tails,in no order many engine(and bulb) options....... sportac/malkoff/EDC+/Oveready/p60vn's/lumensfactory/tana off top of my head.
McClicky tail cap is another option for the back end. Can run sanyo/keeppower 16650 fuel, so 2500mah and good for around 5a ish for easy guilt free lumens.

ven

Flashaholic
Then bezel rings
WyN7xcrl.jpg
Sportac and malkoff
httfP2Ll.jpg
I enjoy the SF bulbs to, for that nostalgic beam
NwNAVzTl.jpg
EDC plus triple
DaMRcYNl.jpg
EDC/malkoff
4Aujkdvl.jpg
This one is from mtn elec , quad 219c with frosted optic
j2oq3OTl.jpg

Outrider212

Newly Enlightened
Well, I ordered a Malkoff M61N drop in. Going to be ordering an M41 McClicky Med press tail cap next week. Any recommendations on 16650's? This will be my first jump into Lithium Ion rechargeables.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
They look good quality. Seems they only offer cool white though. I see 5K listed as both "cool" and "neutral" on the same page of their site.

I consider 4K to be where cool tint starts. Though most will refer to 4K as neutral.

Well, I only have one (XHP35) but that´s definitly warmer than my Oveready V5 4500k XP-L dropin.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im gonna try to find a click on tail cap to replace the momentary/twist on it came with...

If you prefer a clicky, then you'll find multiple options. However, many people, including me, think that the momentary/twist tail cap from Surefire is the finest mechanical flashlight switch ever built. They last forever, whereas clicky things wear out and are more prone to failure. Just something to consider.

Looks like a lot of folks also have the body bored out to fit an 18650.

+1 on the 16650. No need to have the battery tube bored out.

scout24

Flashaholic
Well, I ordered a Malkoff M61N drop in. Going to be ordering an M41 McClicky Med press tail cap next week. Any recommendations on 16650's? This will be my first jump into Lithium Ion rechargeables.

Any reputable seller with Sanyo based 16650 cells are good to go. Anything from ebay or with "fire" in the name may be more trouble than they're worth. The cost difference is neglegible, may as well run quality batteries.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Battery Junction is way more reliable than eBay or Amazon who often times do not know a supplier sells fakes.

The thing I learned at vaper sites was to watch out for "re-wraps" which are not necessarily bad batteries but mostly indicate over inflated numbers.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
It's very difficult to start this crazy hobby with a better platform than a SureFire C2 - a very fine light in its own right, and the upgrade options are nearly endless.

You have also made an exceedingly fine purchase with that Malkoff M61N.
A single 16650 LiIon will run that module very well (i.e. not getting the light bored for an 18650, for the time being).

If you ever do go into the very high-output dropins (e.g 1000+ lumen triples), that would be a good point to consider getting the body 18mm bored.

Until then, enjoy your light - a SF C2 with a Malkoff "N" is one of the very finest illumination tools ever assembled. :)

Last edited: