• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

DC0 Pre-sale Information

okluma

Enlightened
The DC0 is our 14500 sized light, sporting a single Nichia 219c and a McClicky switch. Our goal with the DC0 was to make a smaller, easier to carry light. We've made a few revisions since the initial prototype run earlier this year, and we could not be more happy with it.

On Friday, December 6th at 9AM central time, we will be taking a limited number of pre-orders for the DC0. We will only be offering the DC0 in titanium and it will sell for 449. The link to pre-order is
here. There will be an option to make a partial deposit or pay in full. Please be aware that this is a pre-order and the lights will take approximately 12 to 16 weeks to ship, but may ship sooner.

There will be a small number of our DC0 proof lights for sale and available to ship the same day. The link for those is here. A proof light will be identical to our production DC0 lights with the exception of a small letter P engraved under the clip. These proof lights were made to verify correctness before beginning production.

We will also have a small number of titanium and aluminum DC1s that will ship immediately. For the collector we will be opening booking spots for zirconium DC0s.

AZHU5509_1667f03c-26d4-4045-b8c4-7aef2698a918_1024x1024.png

AZHU5510_1024x1024.jpg

okluma

Enlightened
The low voltage protection will turn on at around 3.2v with our driver. But we can build it up using any 15mm driver if you'd prefer something else.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Ok, I'll look around.

At one point @calipsoii had built a 15mm driver that could handle 0.9-4.5V.

I think a newer version of those has been used in some @Thetasigma (Sigma) customs, but from what I can tell, the higher voltage range might have been removed in the latest firmware revisions ?

Last edited:

okluma

Enlightened
Ok, I'll look around.

I think a newer version of those has been used in some @Thetasigma (Sigma) customs, but from what I can tell, the higher voltage range might have been removed in the latest firmware revisions ?

I'll talk to Devin and see what he says.

okluma

Enlightened
Ok, I'll look around.

I talked with Devin and he didn't have anything new, just some older drivers only for 1.5v.

Do you know LVP works on a driver with a voltage range like that? Does it just skip over 3v to around 1.5v in the code?

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you know LVP works on a driver with a voltage range like that? Does it just skip over 3v to around 1.5v in the code?

If you want to support the full range from 0.9V to 4.2V including 3V chemistries (2xAA, 1xCR123) you need to configure the firmware so it knows which cell chemistry you're using. MecArmy has a mechanism like this for their Prime A1 lineup where you specify whether you're using 1.5V, 3V or 4.2V via a programming menu and it adjusts low-voltage thresholds accordingly. It's not terribly onerous, as the light usually has a body that will only accommodate one size of cell which means you only need to configure the firmware once after assembly. For something like a 14mm body where only AA/14500's will fit you can simplify the firmware further by notifying only when voltage between 2.0V and 2.8V, since normal cell voltages for both chemistries fall outside that range.

okluma

Enlightened
If you want to support the full range from 0.9V to 4.2V including 3V chemistries (2xAA, 1xCR123) you need to configure the firmware so it knows which cell chemistry you're using. MecArmy has a mechanism like this for their Prime A1 lineup where you specify whether you're using 1.5V, 3V or 4.2V via a programming menu and it adjusts low-voltage thresholds accordingly. It's not terribly onerous, as the light usually has a body that will only accommodate one size of cell which means you only need to configure the firmware once after assembly. For something like a 14mm body where only AA/14500's will fit you can simplify the firmware further by notifying only when voltage between 2.0V and 2.8V, since normal cell voltages for both chemistries fall outside that range.

Very interesting. Thanks for the response!