ArmyTek        

Thread: Energizer lithium AA question

Default Energizer lithium AA question

So awhile back I did a run test with some L91ís. They start out at 1.7 volts. At end of test they were at 1.5 so still plenty left. When I went to use one I only got about 15 minutes of runtime in a light that normally should go for 2-2 1/2 hours. Now the run test I did with them initially was with a Malkoff Dropin and they were in use for like 50 hours. I was figuring that at 1.5 volts they were still basically 80 percent full but think Iím missing something. Did the long drain time just kick there butt or is 1.5 for these cells almost dead? I have used this type of cell for years and didnít think 1.5 was on the low side. I have a decent tester that measures the cells under load so I know thatís not it.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Default Re: Energizer lithium AA question

Energizer lithiums are mostly depleted when they get to about 1.6v open circuit voltage.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Ok well that would make sense then. But boy, I have done test with them and have seen them go all the way down to .600 or so.But they did have a lot of use already on them.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Their curve is way different than alkaline AA.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Flashaholic*

HKJ's low-drain graph indicates it dies at about 1.4v. Maybe there's some slight rebound to a higher voltage at full rest, but yeah, only 15 minutes left at 1.5v sounds reasonable.