2016 mazda cx-5 drl lights

JasonOk

Newly Enlightened
Daytime running burned out and a quick google search came up with them being leds built into the lens itself. Replacement would involve a new assymbly, there also appears to be a common failure problem with these and no recall as of date. So i figured i'd come here for some facts are they non replaceable leds? If not what do i need? With no listing on the philips bulbfinder i'm thinking it is built in leds, however i realize they don't have a complete data base there as good as it is

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Daytime running burned out and a quick google search came up with them being leds built into the lens itself. Replacement would involve a new assymbly, there also appears to be a common failure problem with these and no recall as of date.

The lamps are sealed units; no user-replaceable parts inside. Pursue warranty replacement (even if beyond 3/36 or whatever warranty); escalate if necessary.

If you can't get it covered under warranty, get the DRL-1 and move the DRL function to the turn signals. Do not confuse this with the "Morimoto"-branded junk they call the DRL 1.

Also, though it is not a *required* vehicle lighting function in the US, it's a regulated function; file a complaint with the NHTSA here. While I'm not a fan of DRLs, I'm less of a fan only a single one on a car functioning-- as well as the automaker not ensuring you have a functional product. Surely a selling point was that the DRLs are LED and offer years of trouble-free operation.

Last edited:

JasonOk

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, dealer confirmed and its a 1200 part but they are generous enough to let me have one at 900 and some change. I think i'm going to make a little noise see what they do.

JasonOk

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the follow up. We will be looking into this, will update if anything comes out of it for others benifit.

JasonOk

Newly Enlightened
Update: there is now a factory recall on this and our's is schelduled to be repaired.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast