Surefire Beamshapers

MXDan

Newly Enlightened
I have quite a few SFs now, and have alway been curious about the beamshaper attachments for them. I ran a search and could not find any real difinitive information on them.

What I am really looking for is a comparison pic of an M6 with a beamshaper attachment on it. I have actually never seen a beamshaper pic anywhere on these forums. Do people not buy them? Do they not use them? Are they fuctionally useless?

I can see use for them, as most of my surefires have such a tight beam, but I never hear much conversation on the subject.

Who has one or more? What do you think of it? Do you actually use it, or is it just an accessory to add to your collection?

Any knowledgable input is appreciated.

MXDan

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Don't have any pics.

I use the flip up beam shaper (FMxx) on a C2. It's like two flashlights in one. Broad beam for close up work and narrow beam when needed. Don't take this too literally, but it's similar to having the L4 and L5 in one package. It is very practical.
oldgrandpajack

MXDan

Newly Enlightened
So not one single over-zealous flashaholic has taken the time to snap pics of their beamshapers in action. I can understand that it may be difficult to understand the perspectives in wide-angle pics, but nontheless, I figured someone would have something to show.

I want one, but I have no chance of seeing one in person without having it shipped to me first, after paying for it of course.

ho71ko

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, I don't have any pics either. However I do own a FM Beamshaper for my 8AX and two F04 for the E-Series.
I found the FM Beamshaper very well constructed and do really like it for close Quarters use. My E1 has always been equipped with the F04 because that's the only way I found the E1 usefull. Now, with a KL1 Bezel attached to it, I don't really need it anymore...
Just my 2 Cents, but why would you want to use a Beamshaper on a Flashlight that has a Turbo Head? Those Turbo Heads are meant to project the beam further than a normal Head... I'd guess that a BeamShaper on a M6 would be some kind of overkill for most applications.

Oooops, found some pics for ya:
07_8AX.JPG

06_8AX_FM66.jpg

10_M6_MN20.jpg

11_M6_MN21.jpg

same Camera settings on all the above pics...

another series:
8AX_FM66_Basisbelichtung.jpg

8AX_X80.jpg

Hope this helps in your decision /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Holger

Ninja

Newly Enlightened
I use the beamshapers for bezel protection & area light then remove for the tighter apps. The smaller one for the E2-1 series only lasted me a year of EDC pocket use B4 the rubber loosened up enough to slip off too easily. No problems noted on the clamp style for the C2 & M3T due to the flip up, rather than slip off beam change...