• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired [CLOSED] : surefire lights and legos

Status
Not open for further replies.

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is time to let some quality items go. These are from the inner circle of lights that I have not intended to sell, but why just sit on them if I haven't been using them for quite a while?

1. (SOLD) First is a DEFT-EDC-X. I had discussed this light with Saabluster for a month, because I did not want any artifacts even on a white wall. So he agreed to find and apply a flat black paint, which he did. From that point he began offering this service for the X version.

Now when we have those laser based asphericals with 1+ Mcd, why this one, whith just 400Kc? First, this one is focusable, so when I wanted a broader spot I could do that. Next, this is a multi-level light, so I could use it is close quarters, at night, without waking the entire family. And is has a great warm tint, too. Very pleasant at night.

I have never taken it outdoors and it is atill like new. Comes with the holster, certificat, box, everything that I got from Saabluster.

I paid more than $600, but now willing to sell for $400, now $350, shipped

khAtYOg

https://imgur.com/khAtYOg

2. (SOLD) Second is a pretty special SF lego. The body, which I bought here on CPF, is from EDCL1-T, mint condition. The bezel is a standard incand elite bezel, which I also got here on CPF. It has some normal wear on corners but no dings or dents. The "light engine" is a Tad Custom's bipin adapter with a high cri 5600K 5mm Yuji LED.

The beam out of this flashlight is close to that from Tana's SingLED with a very important difference: since Yuji LEDs have no tint shift, the hot spot has the same color temperature as the spill. To me this was critical, I can't tolerate any tint shift.

The plan was to replace the resistor in the tail so that I get a two level UL with the 5mm LED. But eventually I gave up as my modding skills have poven to be insufficient. So out it goes.

I will add a couple additional Yuji LEDs of your choice: 3500K/45 deg, 3500K/60deg, 5600K

SOLD $120 shipped.

https://imgur.com/jkFomUc
https://imgur.com/ZgpmVBk

3. (SOLD) Tana superLE with 3x 5000k Optisolii LEDs.

If you don't know what is the Optisolis LED do youself a favor and find out. This is the single best LED as far as the tint AND the tint shift are concerned. To be precise, there is the only LED since the famous N083b which has ZERO tint shift, so it is perfect for a mule.

Despite these LEDs are offered as low power ones, test show that they can sustain up to 1amp per LED, so this LE, which has HF17 driver with FET channel removed to protect the LEDs, can provide up to 3amps, or 720 LED lumens. This is plenty.

The beam is of course not perfectly round, but in a mule it is pretty much irrelevant, and you would not notice this even on a while wall, unless you put the light as close as a few inches away from it.

Everyting has been perfect for me in this LE except I have wanted a bit cooler tint. Now when I have received a new 5700K version I can let this 5000K version go.

https://imgur.com/YQ4jqkm
https://imgur.com/Jr8Lkxl

(SOLD) $120, $110, $100, $95, $90, now $85 shipped

4. Another SF lego. The body is that great Fivemega 1x18350 with a e-series front end and an integrated mcclickie. I this this series has been the best replacement of stocj e1 body, very high quality. It had taken me a long time to acquire one here on CPF but soemhow I ended up preferring the e1e as is.

The body comes with a stock e1e bezel which is almost mint, there are just two tiny spots of missing ano.

To make it a complete light I enclose a Lumensfactory 3.7V 50 lm bulb.

I will not split this into parts.

https://imgur.com/a/yc7OXNY

$120, 110, now $105 shipped. This price is final.

Last edited:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: DEFT-EDC-X, some legos

What's the lumens on the SF lego? How does the bi-pin adapter accept the different LEDs? Is it hot pluggable? Or do you have to reflow solder?

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast

What's the lumens on the SF lego? How does the bi-pin adapter accept the different LEDs? Is it hot pluggable? Or do you have to reflow solder?

On a fresh cell, the tail current is about 70ma, so, based on djozz's tests it is about 25lm.

The adapter is plug and play, no soldering. You extract an LED by hand and insert another one, thats it. Identical to how this adapter works with incand bulbs for which it was designed for.

Last edited:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks. Very interested, as I love the ability to customize as needs change. One last question. I've heard handling an LED damages it. Did I misunderstand, or are the Yujis immune to this?

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks. Very interested, as I love the ability to customize as needs change. One last question. I've heard handling an LED damages it. Did I misunderstand, or are the Yujis immune to this?

5mm LED is a little solid piece of plastic with two pretty robust wires sticking out of it. If you dont deliberately flex the wires multiple times to break them or use pliers to smash the plastic , I don't see how you can damage those LEDs.

I think what you've heard was about power LEDs which may have either a fragile "dome" over the emitting surface, or have fragile emitting surface exposed. But these yujis are 5mm leds rather than power leds.

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Here's the language from "swapping bezels" section on the HDS FAQ page: "Do not touch the reflective surface of the reflector - the reflective surface cannot be cleaned - touching the reflective surface will damage it. Do not touch the LED - touching the LED will damage it."

Your explanation answered my question though. Thanks!

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast

Prices of the Tana LE and SF lego lowered.
The price of the DEFT is final

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: DEFT-EDC-X, SF lego, Tana Optisolis SuperLE

I'll take the body, clip, & tailcap as per PM thanks[emoji106]. Your inbox is full again, trying to contact for payment and shipping details...

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you. I will clean the inbox now. The sf body is spf, the bezel with its guts is withdrawn

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast

The SF has been sold. Price of Tana's LE lowered

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast

last drop on the Tana LE

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think I´ll give this one a try----
3. Tana superLE with 3x 5000k Optisolii LEDs. now $85 shipped
:takeit:
I´ll leave the computeer for today but will send you the funds asap via paypal after I received your adress.

Cheers
Eric

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think I´ll give this one a try----

:takeit:
I´ll leave the computeer for today but will send you the funds asap via paypal after I received your adress.

Cheers
Eric

The LE is SPF, pm is on its way

Status
Not open for further replies.