Why is the SureFire C2 so good?

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me. Everything! Looks. How it fits in the hand. P60 format. Twisty/Momentary operation. Or clicky if you mod the tail. It's one of those lights you just have to have in your hand to appreciate.

ven

Flashaholic
Exactly the same as what makes the 6p so good . Except in my opinion, I prefer the design more. I also love the natural HA as well(can get black all be them a little more scarce). Comes with a clip.....heck what's not to like :cool:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't believe bykfixer you are not a C2 owner.. That really surprises me. With your bulb stash and all. :twothumbs

scout24

Flashaholic
Grip ring, square body, long pocket clip. The way it fits in the hand. And it looks cool... 😁

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I just got my first C2 today. If you like the feel of a Z2 you are going to LOVE the C2. It's blocky which is out of the norm for a flashlight. It's very comfortable in the hand. And to me feels way more solid then the 6P and that's saying something.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I know that you have experience with other SureFires, but can you remind me which ones specifically ?

I think I can explain better, based on those you already know.

Incan-wise I have E-2's (E's and D's in twisty and clicky) several G2's and 6P's. Oh, and an old tear drop E-1.
LED-wise a few more E-2's of various flavors, G2x Pro's, G2L's, several A2 aviators with incan bulbs, and my favorite the U2 ultra.

Just curious why members prefer the C2 over 6P I suppose.

Edit: I forgot about the E1b lights and the AZ2(?) head on an EDCL-2T body with clicky tailcap. I put my EDCL-2T gas pedal on an E1b and the clicky on the 2T body. The 2T head collects dust because I just don't like how hot it gets. Another E2D has a Tana singLED set to run at about 25 lumens. It has a Scout clicky.
End edit.

Last edited:

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the look of HA and feel in the hand. Clip, did anyone said clip...?
Oh, but you could be easily fooled with early models...[emoji48]
fbd167208ceebbdd3cd606e1e6bb1c88.jpg
b6833b3b7c1e41c9fd1733e1f239b61a.jpg

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... Just curious why members prefer the C2 over 6P I suppose.

Ok, yes, a couple of reasons. I much prefer the natural HA finish of the C2, especially the older vintage "olive / bronze / greenish" version. Also, it seems stouter built and easier to hold securely.

And I find the overall design simply more visually appealing, too :shrug:

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Just curious why members prefer the C2 over 6P I suppose.

It's the square body and type-III HA finish. Perhaps it's the pocket clip, though the short-lived D2 Defender had a pocket clip as well.

Truth be told I think I like the old round body 6Ps most of all, with the Z2 coming in second. Perhaps I should go hunting for a 6Z, that might be the best of both. :thinking:

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
The rubber grip is placed better on the C2, they obviously were thinking when they decided where to place it unlike practically everyone else nowadays who is copying it. It allows two average sized fingers on either side of it as opposed to most copies where only one finger can be placed on the tail side. This sets it in most hands so that your thumb easily operates the tail switch. Nitecore's P20 is the only one I've come across that gets close. It really does feel sturdier even more so than the 6P I have.

I love the way it feels in my hand but I need to find a proper upgrade for it to carry it more often.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Adding to the thread. I mean, seriously, just look at it! I've been in this hobby for a long time and this light still to this day invokes a feeling I just can't describe.

vvsCUpY.jpg

scout24

Flashaholic
This one's a permanent part of my collection. Surefire was kind enough to provide me with replacement lens, bezel ring, o-rings, combat grip ring, and the plastic tab for the pocket clip. I added an Oveready McClicky kit as the collector value was no longer a concern. A lot of scraping, scrubbing, and cleaning later, it functions flawlwssly and has a nice mottled smoke/flame patina. Some missing and bubbling ano, but it just adds character to a light that already has a story. Crosshairs A00498. Mr.Fixer- I'm going to put a C2 in the mail to you, call it an extended test drive. See what all the fuss is about and all. :party:

20191206_130618.jpg

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Some c2 and an m2, another fav! I think surefire hit home runs with all their p60 lights.
f8AxykDl.jpg

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like the other p60 lights; the C2 is easily modded.
it also just feels right, the size and weight. It's a proper tool, not just a flashlight.