21700 Narrow throw, single output

Outrider212

Newly Enlightened
Recently found a Surefire C2 among some old gear. I've begun modding it, but would like to find a light with similar construction and features, just much longer run time and more focused throw. I'd like to run a 21700 cell, 350-500 lumens, single output and a rather narrow focus throw. Even lights like the C2 that lend themselves well to modding are good with me.

SKV89

Enlightened
The Olight M2R Pro Warrior has a very unique optic that focuses the lumens into one large hotspot. It throws the farthest I've seen for any flashlight head of that size. The build quality is also beyond anything I've ever seen and I bought close to 300 flashlights. It is even a step up from Fenix, which was said to have the best build quality. Olight is known to spec conservatively, I measured lumen outputs higher than their specs, which is extremely rare in the flashlight world. Also the driver is super efficient and this light can sustain 780 lumens for 2.5hrs, which is incredible for its small size and light weight. The only thing I don't really like is the tint is a good bit above the BBL so a bit on the green side. Olight probably tried to squeeze as much power from it as they can so they bought high bin XHP35 HD emitters to dedome instead of simply buying lower binned XHP35 HI emitters. Dedoming causes the CCT to go warmer and greener. I measured about 5000K color temperature. Besides the tint, it will be best flashlight you've ever held in your hands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1WoZ7GBIuk&t=47s

Another option to look at is the Acebeam TK18 with the Osram emitters. There is currently a secret 25% coupon at Illumn.com "BLACKNOVEMBER". The coupon will be gone soon. I have one on order because I like the TK16 with the same emitter so much.

If you want super throwy, consider the NS22 with the Osram KW CSLPM1.TG emitter. This is a budget light and the driver is not very efficient so you get less than half the run time of the Olight and Acebeam.

Another low cost budget option is the Fireflies E01 w/ the SST-40. It is a good looking light but the reliability and build quality is nowhere near the ultra premium Olight M2R Pro Warrior.

If you want ULTRA THROW yet pocketable, go with Acebeam W10 gen2.

Skylumen.com also have a bunch of modded options.

bmengineer

Newly Enlightened
The Olight M2R Pro Warrior has a very unique optic that focuses the lumens into one large hotspot.

It's worth noting that the Olight M2R Pro will only work with Olight's proprietary cells, so it isn't really a 21700 light as much as it's a 21700 sized light.

SKV89

Enlightened
That is true but I doubt most people will need an extra battery. The flashlight is very efficient and will last through the day for normal EDC use. The new and improved magnetic charger can charge up to 2A so charging does not take long. If anyone really needs a spare battery, they can buy the Olight one despite it is more expensive than other 21700. However, Olight probably has the highest quality protection circuits built-in to their batteries compared to anything else.

Outrider212

Newly Enlightened
I like a few of the suggested ones, but all of them that I had a look at are multi mode lights. I also don't want something that's so powerful like the w10 Gen 2.

I'm starting to look at finding something like a Malkoff drop in or similar engine that I can use for my own build. Might just machine my own body and source parts for the tail cap and head from existing manufacturers.

SKV89

Enlightened
With an Anduril UI like the E01 and E07, you can easily change it to a 1-mode light.

Outrider212

Newly Enlightened
Looking at a P60 light engine from Sky Lumen, the White 1.1 6500k w/ single smooth reflector. Sight gives SLN as an example for drop in, not sure what light base that is. I can machine my own body for a 21700 with some 6061 aluminum tube, but it would be nice to have other options.