Trump Blames Modern Light Bulbs for Making Him Look Orange...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechGuru

Newly Enlightened
https://nypost.com/2019/12/06/trump-jokes-that-energy-efficient-light-bulbs-make-him-look-orange/

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/09/trump-bends-the-facts-on-lightbulbs/

Last I checked, my soft white LED's were whiter than incandescent bulbs...but what about the CRI? I'm using 60W eq Utilitech bulbs and don't see much of a difference. All I can think of is he's experiencing cold CFL's before they've warmed up... But really, why say the incandescent needs to come back when halogens are readily available and have a better CRI than regular incandescent?

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Starting a new thread with link(s) and little or no comment from OP, especially on a politically charged topic or theme, can be considered a form of "baiting"

If OP could please comment further to clarify the "Fixed Lighting" topic they would like to address, it will help staff determine if this thread may be considered better for "The Cafe" or "The CPF Underground" instead.

Thanks in advance.

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Trump likes to riff on random subjects now and then. He is not noted for his knowledge of the lighting field. It's not really worth your attention...

Last edited:

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
I thought his comments on the "orange look" where hilarious. He looks orange when he's outside in sunlight too. Is it "fake news" if I say it's not the lighting that makes him look orange, it's his spray tan, or his face that makes his face look orange. He should resign and be a comedian.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might be color blind, but where is orange here?

5-BBFCA31-0-D8-D-49-FE-A2-A6-57414-FCF3-B53.jpg

At the same time John Kennedy had weird tan because of Addison's disease, was f...ing every moving target, was constantly on steroids, amphetamine, other chemistry. Nearly started a nuclear war because the mixture of steroids and amphetamine created false sense of "I am the God" feeling.

I am sure no one of you knows but the Cuban crisis has happened not because Russians were bad, but because of Kennedy who ordered to deploy nuclear missiles on Turkey territory (right on the south border of the USSR). Soviets have shipped their missiles to Cuba as a RESPONSIVE measure.

Yet you pray on him as a prophet... Logics? — Hell, no. Religious fanaticism? — You be the judge.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
I might be color blind, but where is orange here? ....

At the same time John Kennedy had weird tan because of Addison's disease, was f...ing every moving target, was constantly on steroids, amphetamine, other chemistry. Nearly started the nuclear war because the mixture of steroids and amphetamine created false sense of "I am the God" feeling.

:thinking: .... I sense this thread drifting away from lighting ....

nbp

Flashaholic
That second link was decent; This almost possibly could have been a useful thread on fixed lighting CRI, but Another thread-ending political post from Vadimax has done it in. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.