Every Day USE - unicorn

MtnTech

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for three things in an Every Day USAGE light in a rural setting where the nature of the use varies greatly. I can only ever meet 2 of the 3 goals in my many searches, and am hoping someone can point me to my unicorn:

1) quick mount storage recharger (no USB cables or battery removal; just click it into a dock near an outlet and go) so it's always at full charge when I need it

2) adjustable beam focus (tight spot to flood)

3) a reasonable compromise between max lumens (min 600, 1000 preferable), battery life, and unit size (being its not for EDC, size can be above average, although mouth holdable would be preferable)

Sometimes I find myself scanning around at night, and need to be able to throw usable light 100yds or so away.

I feel like any company that provided all three I one product would own an entire segment of the market.

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maglite ML150LR or RL1019 (and maybe other models)

LEDLenser P7R or P5R.2

Small enough to mount to your teeth (AAA size) and throw 100 yards probably isn't realistic though.

Last edited:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to say that sounds like a job for a Maglite rechargeable as well.

MtnTech

Newly Enlightened
Maglite ML150LR or RL1019 (and maybe other models)

LEDLenser P7R or P5R.2

The Maglite does look pretty good, the only down side being the size — which I'd happily trade some battery life to reduce, but that option doesn't seem to be offered in another model with similar brightness. Probably go this route.

The LedLenser appears to be a plug-in rechargeable, not a contact recharger, so I eliminated it a while ago.

Thanks!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Be aware there are lots and lots and lots of fake LED Lensers at Amazon. Five fakes later (from 5 amazon sellers) I had to get one all the way from Australia to finally acquire a genuine P7.