What Should I Get To Replace My Fenix RC09?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Fenix RC09 and I do like it quite a bit. When it is on Turbo, with the claimed 550 lumens, it is great. It drops to high pretty quickly , with the claimed 150 lumens.

If I get another single 16340 light, what would people here recommend? I would like to get one that puts out more than 150 lumens for more than a couple of minutes. Is that possible with any of the current 16340 lights available today?

When I search Battery Junction for 1 x 16340, I get this. Would any of those be suitable replacements or are there some others, not listed here, that are worthy of consideration? How many more lumens would I need to even notice a difference?

Would the Acebeam TK16-AL, Fenix E18R or the Fenix E16 be a suitable replacement?

I find the 16340 sized light to work pretty well as a cap light.

https://www.batteryjunction.com/fla...n=all&Catalogflbatterycompatibility=1+x+16340

Last edited:

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you considered the Folomov EDC C2? I have one. I added cellophane tape to spread the beam a bit and it works quite nicely as a cap light. So does the aluminum EDC C1 and the aluminum Drop Tool AAA.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Fenix RC09 and I do like it quite a bit. When it is on Turbo, with the claimed 550 lumens, it is great. It drops to high pretty quickly , with the claimed 150 lumens.

If I get another single 16340 light, what would people here recommend? I would like to get one that puts out more than 150 lumens for more than a couple of minutes. Is that possible with any of the current 16340 lights available today?

When I search Battery Junction for 1 x 16340, I get this. Would any of those be suitable replacements or are there some others, not listed here, that are worthy of consideration? How many more lumens would I need to even notice a difference?

Would the Acebeam TK16-AL, Fenix E18R or the Fenix E16 be a suitable replacement?

I find the 16340 sized light to work pretty well as a cap light.

https://www.batteryjunction.com/fla...n=all&Catalogflbatterycompatibility=1+x+16340

I just received the purple Jetbeam Jet II Pro from BJ and it's a cool looking and capable 16340 light, once you familiarize yourself with the U.I..

For $53.50 shipped it's a looker!

Chris