Armytek prime C2-for pocket friendly reliability (also for pure moonlight lovers 😀)

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
Armytek prime C2-for pocket friendly reliability (also for pure moonlight lovers 😀)

Hi all,today I will share my thoughts on the Armytek prime c2 ( non-pro version).
LTHgFod.jpg

ruCGJqG.jpg

cFzCxG3.jpg

I wanted a compact 18650 flashlight as a backup light ,which can be easily carried while going for short road trips or campings .
This time while choosing I had reliability as my top priority rather than brightness or runtimes.Also I needed a usb recargeable version as ,I don't like carrying extra chargers,with me everytime .
So ,I started to look for the one that would fit my needs and budget. After a few internet browsing sessions ,I ended upon this Armytek flashlight.This is infact the first Armytek flashlight,that I personally owned or used .
In this budget ,I found that Armytek is the only brand who offers no hassle warranty of 10 years👍(correct me if Iam wrong here).
So I thought ,if a manufacturer is making such a bold promise,then there is no doubt that the flashlight must be very well made and could be trusted to be reliable, when you needed the most,like in an emergency situation where it matters.And so ,without further thinking I fixed this light as my backup light.This is not the pro model, which is much brighter with additional features.As I already have many brighter edc lights ,I went for the non pro version, which is still having a very respectful 1160 lumens .

The packaging

Let me begin with the product retail box .It comes in a very attractive box, explaining all its features.

uFZAYha.jpg

F3iFNTY.jpg
Y799H4D.jpg

jJCQgSE.jpg

To be frank this is the most colourful packaging and instructions manual ,I have seen so far.
The presentation box is really cool allowing to have a clear look at the light itself through the transparent window.

cl5GOu0.jpg

HJ9Vhm9.jpg

The box contains all the necessary accessories.It includes the magnetic charging cable, a pocket clip, a holster, spare orings and a 3200 mah armytek battery,which is already preinstalled in the light.
ibk1zNM.jpg

The flashlight built is really fantastic, no wonder it has a class leading impact reistance of 10 metres.It is very comfortable to hold the light, as the body is very smooth without any sharp edges or knurlings.The finish on the light is matt black with the signature Armytek yellow switch .

GEKCP9M.jpg

yNkrYGd.jpg
ynlArOG.jpg

To enhance the grip, Armytek have employed a completely different anodization,which for me was a very new experience.I guess ,it has some rubber like coating which gives this amazing grip and feel.
The flashlight has a TIR optics, which has a 20° hot spot with 80° spill.It has a cree xpl -led.I chose the warm white version ,which according to me has a very good cri index.

cSR8VjV.jpg

The flashlight is removable at both head and rear section.Both the threadings are square cut,to reduce wear.Both sides have double o-rings installed to prevent water and dust intrusions.Also the threads are well lubricated.

hH0SWvO.jpg

4UmQyal.jpg

The tailcap houses the magnetic charging points and a sturdy tail spring.There seems to be a mechanism inside the tail cap ,which only connects the charging points to the battery terminals ,when we unscrew the tail cap.This is a very good safety feature which prevents, shorting of the contact points accidentally.
The tailcap has clear writings that instruct ,to unscrew for charging and tighten for using.So no confusion whatsoever.

Hyvnyui.jpg

HP2t36H.jpg

XAsmFiN.jpg

The tailcap design is flat,permiting to use the light in candlemode.It also houses a strong magnet ,which gives the option to attach the light firmly to a metal surface.
0c6FZ5B.jpg

wwG5ZiG.jpg

9Hu74jz.jpg

p8jN21f.jpg

The head portion is also well made,with sturdy battery contact point.

0vrVqqs.jpg

Accessories
Like the flashlight all the accessories are of top notch quality .
The charging cable is a magnetic type usb cable,which also has built in charging state indicator.

M8XK1U1.jpg

The included holster is of good quality, and protects the light well.

uUvB2Nr.jpg

Wr49Fgm.jpg

The pocket clip is also very sturdy.But I prefer my light without it as it is a gives little agressive feel while holding the light.
8SteYb3.jpg

The flashlight comes with an Armytek branded 18650,which is an unprotected flat top ,one with 3200mah capacity.

iqQZvDc.jpg

Charging
Charging the light is really easy, unscree the tailcap connect the magnetic charging cable.
The charging cable can be connected to any usb power source.
The cable glows red while charging and green when charging is finished.
It also flashes red ,to notify if you connected it without uncrewing the tail cap.The charging speed is not that great at .7 A and takes around 5.5 -6hrs to fully charge.Unscrewing the tail cap for charging also means ,you cannot use the light while charging.

OjR4sQT.jpg

Also checked the battery drain as the light employed an electronic side switch.I found out that it is only a mere 3.7 micro ampere which will take many years for the light to get fully discharged,on standby.

6XUyhCI.jpg

UI
The user interface is really simple.Press once from off to turn on the light in the last memorized mode.Press and hold ,while on to cycle between different brightness levels from low to high.For turbo double click from on.
There are actually two moonlight mode.The first one is at .4 lumens,the lowest I had so far.It is very useful at pitch dark without disturbing others.Also it also gives the ability to look directly to a led bulb ,as the intensity is very low.The second level is at 2.5 lumens,which is plenty bright to navigate us to kitchen or bathroom at night .
To access moonlight,press and hold the switch from off.There is no strobe or beacon modes in non pro version.

XbYQwam.jpg

UxUQN0J.jpg

Beam profile
Jde9BaR.jpg

As the light is using a TIR lens,it has a well defined hotspot.Also the TIrvleads to some artifacts,but these are visible only in a white wall shot .In normal day to day use ,I found the beam to be okay with good amount of throw and adequate spill.

This is a view from my building around 15 meters high.
gemW5UX.jpg

hABKwMn.jpg

sWVA8IY.jpg

BtsqzlO.jpg
To be honest ,this flashlight have really impressed me with its ergnomics and compactness.Armytek is using a different type on anodizing,which gives a beautiful matt finish and a good grip without any crazy knurlings .To hold it in my hand ,it feels so smooth and grippy at the same time.I haven't experienced this with any other brands so far.It really gives me a premium feel.Also everytime I pick this up I think to myself ,how compact and how easy it is to carry.
So even though ,I purchased it to use as a reliable backup light for trips , now I find myself using it as an edc light more and more often.I guess magnetic charger is also a reason as ,it really makes charging very easy.
After using this for more than a month I found that so far I have made the right decision in choosing this light.I only have one regret that I didn't go for the pro version as ,it would have made this one, my primary go to edc.

To sum up I will mention all my postive and negative findings.
Pros
1.10 year warranty promise ,rocksolid build quality.
2.Amazing to hold in hand , mainly due to its compactness and unique anodization.
3.Very well made ruberised side switch,which is very easy to find while picking up the light,also gives firm clicks.
4.Lowest moonlight mode ,I have found on any lights.
5.Thermally regulated step downs,rather than timed step downs.
6.Very little battery drain at standby .
7.In build charging capability with magnetic charging cable .
8.Strong magnet at the base ,which comes in handy many times.
9.Intelligent tailcap design ,which prevents shorting of the magnetic charging port, which is a fatal flaw in magnetic chargers of other brands.
10.Simple UI,also provides direct access to moonlight from off,and direct access to turbo from on states.
11.Double orings to improve water proofing.
12.10 metre impact resistance.
13 .No accidental activations ,so far.
14.It comes with good quality battery and pouch.
15.Square cut threads,which is very generously lubricated.

Cons
1.Not a big fan of TIR optics,I really prefer a more smoother beam, without any artifacts.
2.Very slow charging speeds.
3.No battery level indicator in non-pro models.
4.Supplied pocket clip is not designed well,feels uncomfortable while carrying it in pockets and while holding the light, with it attached.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great review sir but....

Reliability and Armytek shouldn't be used in the same sentence imo. They may be the most unreliable flashlight brand on the market lol. I have had several lights from them die from light use for no reason. I have read dozens and dozens of similar reports all over the internet for the last several years(you will find many if you look too but, just to let you know, it has been brought to light that AT is known for convincing/forcing their customers to delete video and such that show their products in a bad light). I won't even go into the other lies they have been caught telling customers. Imo it is just a matter of time until AT goes out of business. Caveat Emptor...

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great Review
really enjoyed the photos too
glad you are happy with your light.

you got my attention as a Moonlight lover, good to see your light is rated to 0.4 lumens. I find that to be a useful level late at night when I wake for a visit to the porcelain Throne.

Other lights with similar lows are the Olights, rated 0.5 lumens.

My personal favorites include the magnetic rotaries, both Jetbeam RRT-01 and Sunwayman V11r. Mine have lows that measure 0.01 lumens on my meter.. I seldom need that low a level, but its fun to have the option.

enjoy your lights!