• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

What is the purpose of the threaded insert and cap - olight case?

thesoundman000

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased an olight javelot pro kit. It's come in (a rather nice) hard case which has an unusual threaded hole under the handle. There is a sealed plug inserted into the hole which can easily be undone and removed. It doesn't appear to serve any purpose, I'm wondering if anyone knows what it might be useful for?

I'm unable to post images unfortunately so you'll have to go hunting for a photo of the kit if you aren't familiar. The question is more targeted towards those familiar so this shouldn't be a huge issue I'm hoping.

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome here, thesoundman000! :wave:

I suspect this hole serves to route an USB cable through, for those Olight models that can be recharged without removing the battery? (and which are supplied in the same hard case). Is yours a model that came with an USB charging cable? If so: does at least one of the cable ends fit trough the hole?

If yes, obviously that allows the case to be closed while the light is charged using the cable.

thesoundman000

Newly Enlightened
Good morning all.

What sort of relief valve are you referring to? It does have an O-ring seal but this could also just be a seal.

It's not for the charge cable unfortunately, the USB is the smallest end and this hole is about 3mm diameter.

It's got me rather curious indeed.