• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New Product Announcement: NITECORE TIKI/TIKI LE 300 Lumen Rechargeable Keychain Light

NitecoreStore

Enlightened
NITECORE TIKI/TIKI LE 300 Lumen USB Rechargeable Keychain Light

Primary Light - 300 Lumen - TIR Optic - Smooth Even Flood
TIKI - Auxiliary Lights - CRI
90 White and 550mW 365nm UV
TIKI LE - Auxiliary Lights - Red LED and Blue LED
Built-in Li-ion Battery with micro USB charging port
Simple Operation - Double Tap for "On" - Triple Tap for Auxiliary

Now available! Use coupon code CPF15OFF to save 15% at checkout.

Last edited:

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I'm in. Stainless steel with UV. I have been carrying a (green or black) Tube for over 4 years, and this might take it's place in my pocket.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI, the beginning of your post says that the UV is 395nm, but the remainder of your post and your website says 365nm.

I'll likely get the Tiki with UV for neck lanyard use.

parametrek

Enlightened
Was this design licensed from another company or is this an original Nitecore design?

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Certainly more than a little resemblance to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parametrek

Enlightened
The smoked gray polycarbonate body of the LE version looks good. But I am wondering if it isn't impacting the output of the red/blue aux LEDs.

One of the flashlight myths that I am frequently busting is "red light is good for battery life." It is pretty easy to show for equal lumens or equal runtime that a white LED is typically 3x more efficient than a red LED. I see that pattern across nearly all of them.

The Tiki LE on the other hand.... You can have 60 lumens of white for 1 hour or you can have 3 lumens of red for 1 hour. That is a difference of 20x! The blue LED is similarly poor performing but I don't have as many examples of blue LEDs in lights.

The most likely reason that I can see for these performing so poorly is that the gray polycarbonate case is blocking 85% of the light. Or Nitecore found the worst performing colored LEDs on the market.

Sadsack

Newly Enlightened
I received my tiki from the nitecore store today. I really liked the concept of this light however the poly-carbonate body seems to block almost all of the uv light from the side emitter. No way will it even illuminate the fluorescence material in a $20 bill. Really should of been better thought out.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my tiki from the nitecore store today. I really liked the concept of this light however the poly-carbonate body seems to block almost all of the uv light from the side emitter. No way will it even illuminate the fluorescence material in a $20 bill. Really should of been better thought out.

Bummer about the ineffective UV. Very unfortunate. I was planning to buy that one.

Boris74

Newly Enlightened

If it's full on day light the UV is weak. If you're indoors hold it closer and it's powers will be revealed. It's not meant to UV stains from across a room. More of a small area UV light but it works and I'm sure it works as designed. You wouldn't expect to win the Daytona 500 in a chevette, but it'll do laps all day long.

The main LED is the reason I bought two. It's no slouch in its primary use design. It's great and superb tint. Small light and easy to slap on the keychain. UI is perfect so it won't fire up on accident.

I am glad I got them. It's better than I thought it'd be.

hardwired

Newly Enlightened
Is the standard TIKI not available? I tried to add to cart but I get an error tonselect a version. There is only one bubble for the LE version showing to click on which is not the one I want. Using an iPhone.

Henk4U2

Enlightened

Always wear protection when working with UV-light. Most safety-glasses are made of polycarbonate. THAT is the material that effectively surpresses the radiation. The reason the glasses come with (different) colors is that these enhance contrast.
Unfortunately Nitecore also copied this flaw from the original concept :sigh:

Last edited:

LRJ88

Enlightened
Always wear protection when working with UV-light. Most safety-glasses are made of polycarbonate. THAT is the material that effectively surpresses the radiation. The reason the glasses come with (different) colors is that these enhance contrast.
Unfortunately Nitecore also copied this flaw from the original concept :sigh:

With the original concept the original manufacturer at least admits that the UV light on that is more to charge the body of the flashlight than to actually light things up with it.