My flashlight just flash once after putting the endcap on

PaperCut

Newly Enlightened
So this looks like my most expensive flashlight cookup so far. I should have tried on a cheaper flashlight...but... impatient..
I have an Acebeam W10 gen2 which I wanted to mod with an external switch. Instead of waiting for a suitable one in the mail, I desoldered the switch from the endcap and soldered a couple of short 14awg leads onto the same board the switch was soldered to. I thought the two could just be connected (either directly or by a switch) to power on the flashlight.
Maybe I destroyed the end-cap boards while soldering the leads, but my theory didnt work - NO light.
I thought the endcap switch is just connecting the negative of the battery to the flashlight case?
Either way - I left the disastrous end-caps and waited for my Acebeam endcap with external switch, but guess what. When connecting it I see a slight glow from the front, and when I press the button on the remote - I get a quick flash and off it turns. I have checked the batteries, they are 21700s from Acebeam, holding a fine 4.1V.
Anyone have an idea what could be wrong, and - where did I go wrong. I thought the end-cap and the switch was just about breaking the negative.

Last edited: