• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

VoltVamp Battery Drainer Giveaway

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
2019 is almost over, and Christmas is coming fast. While it is going to be a lean Christmas for my wife and I, we are giving each other one special gift. Christmas is not about the presents now that we are older, and fully understand the true meaning of Christmas. Linus sums it up eloquently in this classic scene: https://youtu.be/c_LMvWhFWMY

Additionally, I was the recipient of a cool little NiteCore TUP flashlight thanks to the generosity of StuGatz, and the kind act of a CPF'er. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...way-Contest)&p=5307853&viewfull=1#post5307853

With these things in mind, I would like to pay it forward and give away VoltVamp battery drainers to three individuals chosen at random by post number. Simply post an "I'm in" for your chance to receive one of the three VoltVamp variations shown below. Feel free to post a Christmas, Hanukkah or holiday greeting below your entry. Only one post per person!

Left; 4000K CREE XP-G2 with Ledil Lisa optic: Middle; Nichia 510GS: Right; Nichia 570GS: Back; Secondary drawing prize.
P7Egdg3.jpg

Nih30qI.jpg

Aw87o3K.jpg

u8nCupp.jpg

For those brimming with Christmas spirit, you can pass your entry along to another member by posting "I'm in for (CPF member of your choosing)". While you have given away your entry for the drawing of the three VoltVamps, you will be put into a secondary drawing for a different type of battery drainer. (See below for details.)

The cut-off for entry ends at 12:00pm EST on Thursday 19 December 2019. Posts made after that time will not be factored into the drawing. The random number selection for the three VoltVamp battery drainers will be made from left to right.

The rules are simple, so please read them carefully before you post:

Post only ONCE with "I'm in" or "I'm in for (CPF member of your choosing)". Duplicate or multiple posts will disqualified. Should a duplicate/multiple post be chosen, the number immediately after the duplicate/multiple post will be the winner.

The winning posts will be selected on Thursday 19 December 2019 by post number using the random.org true random number generator. The winners will be posted in the thread, and each will be notified via PM. The winners will have 24 hours to respond with their full name and address. If 24 hours elapse without a response, the post immediately after the (previously) winning post will be the alternate winner.

If you choose to pass along your entry for the three VoltVamp battery drainers to another CPF member, you will instead be entered into a drawing for a unique (and awesome) battery drainer that I constructed with a DIY PCB. It has a ZXLD381 circuit driven at 27mA and utilizes a copper heatsink to keep the Nichia HS LED cool. Only pass-along entries will be entered into this secondary drawing. The winner for the secondary drawing will be chosen by a third party (family member or coworker) selecting a name written on a piece of paper, pulled from a hat after being mixed by my hand. Again, the winner will have 24 hours to respond with their full name and address. If 24 hours elapse without a response, a second drawn name will be the alternate winner.

The battery drainers will be mailed with USPS First Class postage. U.S. winners will likely receive their battery drainer before Christmas. However, overseas winners may experience a delay in having their package shipped.

Edit 1: It is worth noting that these are constructed with lead solder. Dead batteries shown are not included, but shown for reference.

Last edited:

Duramarks

Newly Enlightened
Im in, Merry Christmas, and Thankyou

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

archimedes

Flashaholic
As part of the CPF staff, I'll pass on participating, but wanted to thank you for your very kind gesture, and especially setting up such a fun and thoughtful giveaway.

These little "battery drainers" are so cool and useful, too :)

Best of the season's greetings to you, and to our entire community here :thumbsup:

lovecpf

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in

It's been a few years since our pet died, so we adopted this guy after his mom was hit by a car. Now the harassment of the poor thing continues...

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1576087483.826699.jpg

vr4corrado

Newly Enlightened
Im in. Thanks for the opportunity!

PS @datiled Are you also selling these by any chance?

Alex

Last edited: