Filters for L6?

ianb

Enlightened
I am looking for a red filter for a surefire L6, which surefire filters would fit this? Is this head size equivalent to another SF model?

many thanks, Ian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
The L6 bezel is the same diameter as the standard M3 bezel (Z46). Anything that fits the M3 should fit the L6. I think the only ones that would be of any use, are the beamshaper and opaque cover.
oldgrandpajack

ianb

Enlightened
thanks for the replys, I thought it looked similar to the M3 but didn't want to take it for granted and buy one that wouldn't fit!

thanks, Ian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
The 9AN, M3 and KL6 use the FM1x BeamFilters.

The nature of the KL6 LED is such that with the red (FM15), blue (FM16) BeamFilters, practically no light comes out making them rather wasteful in my opinion on a flashlight such as the L6.

The BeamShaper (FM14) or BeamCover (FM17) I can use a worthwhile use.

Al

ianb

Enlightened
What function does a beam shaper have? how is the beam shaped? I've seen them for sale but not read a review. The red cover would be more as a useful addition for hunting, in this case the useable throw would not be as important for me.(EDIT but I see thats not what you meant now!)

thanks, Ian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size51s is correct. White LED's don not put out true white light but just distinct wavelenths that approximate white to the human eye. A colored filter works be removing all the colors that it is NOT from true white light. Therefore, filters won't work on a LED. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif
Luxeon may have the spectrum data of their LED's on there web page. (Or someone on CPF may have it?)

NikolaTesla
An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--
My lights: http://www.tjtech.org/gallery/NikolaTesla/Nikola_lights2_001

ianb

Enlightened
I understand now it won't work rather than just affecting the throw, ok thanks. I have a steep learning curve fiding out about LED's on cpf, thanks for all the help.:)

But what does a beam shaper do anyone?

Ian

ianb

Enlightened
Aha! I was guessing they gave more throw, so that would be a useful addition as has been said already Size15s and Grandpajack.

Thanks for all the information, Ian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ianb

Enlightened
Well accesorie hunting doesn't seem so important now as I just got my L6 through this morning! Wow I wish it was dark, I also treated myself to the KT4 long throw turbohead. Goodness me they are awesome(I'm pleased you can see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

thanks, Ian