are the 6ps on edc+ brand new?

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
are they in their original packaging? i wouldve thought all those were sold and now only able to be purchased 2nd hand. if so 55$ isnt a bad deal to scoop it up and add a solid drop in.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The 6P were made by the millions.

Now late in 016 somebody seemingly uncovered a cache of thousands. Perhaps at a military auction. They were selling for about $30 for a time shortly after SureFire announced they were not going to produce incan lights anymore. Well, they never truely announced it. They were just no longer in the SureFire catalog so some folks enquired and were told "no more incandescents" by SureFire.

Those of us here who bought those clearance priced 6P's noted by the included batterys that they seemed to be from 2009. We surmised they must have been produced for a large contract to the US military.

So yes, there are still some of those around along with some made as late as 2015.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya I freaked out when I heard way back that the 6P was going away. Started thinking I better grab them while I could got quite a few . Lol. They were in fact made in the millions and don't think there will be any problem getting them for at least 10 years or so. Last ones I bought were brand new and under 40 bucks. Batteries indicated they were around 10 years old.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Walmart has them online for $35 shipped not too long ago. I grabbed a couple just because...

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A Malkoff M61NL will give out like 3x the output of the stock bulb with a 5 hour regulated run time and long decline dimming. And N is a nice tint that mimics a light bulb while being a bit whiter.
Real popular around here for the 6P.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I REALLY am liking the Malkoff neutral. It's a creamy white xpg2 but it also offers a nice 80 cri. Nothing earth shattering just very pleasant. Very well designed and balanced.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was looking more towards the m61wl but leaning towards more for the neutral because of everyone's recommendations of how creamy white it is.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The warm is very nice. Works best for me indoors. And it is WARM. Put it next to CW or neutral and it's crazy.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't go wrong with either. I run a m31w in my C3 and it looks almost identical to the p91 that I had in it before.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My first 6P has a WLL, which mimics to P60 pretty well.
Later a G2 got an NL and in side by side checks I surmised the N looks like an overdriven light bulb where the W looks like a vintage (pre-xenon) light bulb.

Outdoors I prefer the N for the perceived extra brightness of my NLL in another G2. It's not any brighter in reality, but objects at a distance require a wee bit less time for my brain to ID with the cooler tint. Indoors the WLL is preferred due to less squint factor.

My MD2 hi/lo has the cool M61L.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just looked and walmart has them online for $38. I'm tempted to get one myself, but I really don't need one...I've got so many flashlights I really can't justify getting one. In fact, somewhere I have a brand new 6P Defender still in the package I've been hanging on to for a few years...I have a 9P still in the package too along with a green G2X somewhere too.

Edit: Looking at the pic on that 6P, it actually looks like a 6P Defender without the crenelated bezel to me, so it may have a clicky tailswitch.

Last edited:

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
I just ordered one for $34 shipped but instead of walmart i used the vender walmart uses and save $4 more

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! :thumbsup:

You'll have to post when you get it if it's a clicky (Can't remember the number for them...Z59 maybe?), or just a regular Z41...I'm betting they used the wrong picture for it, rather than it having the clicky.

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
Nice! :thumbsup:

You'll have to post when you get it if it's a clicky (Can't remember the number for them...Z59 maybe?), or just a regular Z41...I'm betting they used the wrong picture for it, rather than it having the clicky.

Will let you know when i recieve it

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
i looked at walmart.com the other night and they was out of stock unfortunetly

Just buy one already. Even at $40, a NIP 6P is still a bargain. 10-15 years ago the street price for one was $60+.