Prometheus        

Thread: Should I give up on ordering a Peak 17500 w/ 1in head? Nope

Thumbs up Should I give up on ordering a Peak 17500 w/ 1in head? Nope

I now have 25 emails back and forth with Robyn since November 15, trying to order a 17500 body with an old 1" head. She said Curt would call me to discuss, and every few days I'll get a response from her scheduling a call, which never comes.

Bob at RMSK does have both the 17500 bodies, and the old 1" Rainier heads, but he was more interested in "down-talking" (mod edit) Peak and bragging about his six-figure car collection than selling any lights, let along selling a body and head separately -- which I thought was strange given that they didn't seem to be sent to him as complete lights the decade ago he was their dealer/support, but rather as parts to be assembled per customer order.

Should I just give up?

[Edit]Nope, Robyn called soon after posting.
    Last edited by ErikP; 12-13-2019 at 12:46 AM.

Default Re: Should I give up on ordering a Peak 17500 w/ 1" head?

I hope you hear something soon.
    She is crazy busy.

Hi @ErikP ... I understand that you are upset, but we like to keep the language and tone reasonably friendly here on CPF.

Thanks for understanding, and I hope that you can find an acceptable solution.

There are many of us here generally glad to help, but your tone is somewhat offputting.
    ... is the archimedes peak

To address your concerns above in greater detail ....

Peak is an extremely small operation, and in my experience, substantial patience is required when dealing direct on custom orders with them.

I have purchased from RMSK on many occasions, and I don't recall ever being given an option to purchase anything other than a complete flashlight (and I have asked) . No mix-and-match, and no separate parts, unless specifically listed as "accessories" for iindividual sale on their website. Simply how they choose to do business

I see that you have an active WTB up now for the discontinued part you seek. I think that may be your best chance, so hopefully that will work out, as there are still a few Peak collectors around on CPF.

Hope that is helpful info for you.

😂😂😂 I feel your pain and have also spoken to that gentlemen before. Your pretty much spot on as I really wasnít able to get any information out of him on the peak light I wanted. Just other lights that are on the site that he wanted to sell and yes his cars😁 great guy but kinda hard to get information out of him.Like arch says peak is a very little side job for them. And thatís sad because they are great lights and if they wanted could make a ton on them.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Just spoke to Robyn. She tried to call but no answer.

Like clockwork, got a call from Robyn right after posting.

Very pleasant to talk to, completely accommodating -- she went out of her way to dig through old inventory to try to find long-discontinued heads. Package goes out tomorrow.

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by ErikP View Post
    Like clockwork, got a call from Robyn right after posting.

Very pleasant to talk to, completely accommodating -- she went out of her way to dig through old inventory to try to find long-discontinued heads. Package goes out tomorrow.

Thanks everyone!
    Thank you for the edit, and glad to hear of your success

Default Should I give up on ordering a Peak 17500 w/ 1in head? Nope

Not a big fan of RMSK myself for reasons I really care not to get into. On the other hand, I have always had a great experience dealing with Peak especially Robyn. Peak is a small company as others have mentioned and basically every light is hand made at Peak which is something to take into account as well. I can't say enough good things about the company.

Default Re: Should I give up on ordering a Peak 17500 w/ 1in head? Nope

Fantastic service - literally next-day.

Robyn dug up the exact HA non-QTC 17500 pocket body I needed, and a 1" white head. I wonder what it is though - may have to make a new thread with pics for ID. Cool white regulated around 2W...

Default Re: Should I give up on ordering a Peak 17500 w/ 1in head? Nope

Quote Originally Posted by ErikP View Post
    Fantastic service - literally next-day.

Robyn dug up the exact HA non-QTC 17500 pocket body I needed, and a 1" white head. I wonder what it is though - may have to make a new thread with pics for ID. Cool white regulated around 2W...
    Very nice to hear that, and thank you for updating your thread.