require a Huge flood P60 drop in

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
Good day gentlemen,

I am wondering if anyone makes a P60 drop in, with equal or more flood and more light output than the Sprotac P60 single mode, triple nichia 219?

I would like a triple or quad.

Battery wise, I am currently running 2 x 16340's, at 700mAH and 3.7V apiece. But can change battery types if it is required. I could either go to a single 16650, 3.7V 2500mAH. OR could go with a different host to use a 18650, 3.7V 2400mAH (could get a higher mAH battery, but I have these on hand).

Suggestions?

Zandar

Enlightened
I'm not familiar with the Sprotac line of drop ins, but I know that Vinh of Skylumens makes a line of higher output P60 dropins including at least one flodder. Check out the Vinhnguyen54 forum under CPF Custom Builders and Modders Section.

Last edited:

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
This guy on fleabay has some cheap hosts. Just add quad of your choice and driver you'll like and you're good to go
Plus it has driver retaining ring so no soldering required or mickey mouse contacts...
1d65723fb488df481c65e20b79deec00.jpg

Last edited:

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
No affiliation or experience with the company but I found the below site when I was looking. I never got around to ordering but they were very responsive by email.

https://www.customlites.com/category.sc?categoryId=30

Sent from my [null] using Tapatalk

Contacted them, waiting on a reply.

I'm not familiar with the Sprotac line of drop ins, but I know that Vinh of Skylumens makes a line of higher output P60 dropins including at least one flodder. Check out the Vinhnguyen54 forum under CPF Custom Builders and Modders Section.

Thank you

This guy on fleabay has some cheap hosts. Just add quad of your choice and driver you'll like and you're good to go
Plus it has driver retaining ring so no soldering required or mickey mouse contacts...

Beyond my knowledge.

P60 Mule.

And BTW, N219 emitters are not the way to go to maximize output, if that is your top priority

P60 mule?

What do you suggest? I'd like to stick to a warmer tint, 4000k.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Mmm, yeah... now you are speaking Greek to me.

Ok, I'll break it down below ....

Maybe the P60vn "LilVortex" 12LED Mule Samsung 351 4000K 90CRI (~ 6000L?)

P60 (type of dropin) vn (produced by @vinhnguyen54)

LilVortex (item name) 12LED (emitters) Mule (no reflector or optic so max flood)

Samsung 351 (emitter manufacturer and model) 4000K (correlated color temperature) 90CRI (color rendering index)

~ 6000L? = approximately six thousand lumen total output

ven

Flashaholic

Kestrel

Flashaholic
6003cc8a3a7eb1b4bfb7fe985e809c56.png
[/QUOTE]
A bit of a shame, but [b]I created[/b] those cross-sectional views of the Z44 head / bezel assembly and the SF 6P head-end, and posted them here on CPF (along with dimensional measurements), something like 10 yrs ago. I know it's the way of things these days, but my work was lifted for someone else's financial gain. :(

archimedes

Flashaholic
A bit of a shame, but I created those cross-sectional views of the Z44 head / bezel assembly and the SF 6P head-end, and posted them here on CPF (along with dimensional measurements), something like 10 yrs ago. I know it's the way of things these days, but my work was lifted for someone else's financial gain. :(

I thought I had seen those before !

Sorry about that, so disappointing. Not that it really does much of anything, but I do "watermark" most of my photos and such before posting, FWIW.

ven

Flashaholic
This is one of vinhs quad p60vn mules, 219c 5000k. I will admit i have more than one, these 219c's are by far the nicest i have had. Sounds crazy, but my other 219c 5k LEDs are not as nice.
Qww5bUhl.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Another option, the xhp70 5k is just a wall of light. Complete flood in the p60 size reflector, but enough oomph to light a field.
BX5K97xl.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Triple and quad mule, both vinhs and both 219c
mjUYz1vl.jpg

Other p60 mule, oveready single 219b 4500k, beautiful but only around 300lm. Excellent for close up work which could run for hours!
06X5K0Al.jpg

As the pic was near the others, this vinh made for me. Triple quad, another wall of 5000lm + light. Can run indefinite as it has a huge heavy cu heat sink
C6giYiVl.jpg

yWfUQYNl.jpg

I digress:eek:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Oh my god[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15] So sorry Kestrel for this, wasn't aware of it.
Gonna try edit my post.
Lol don't worry about it at all; if they're running around out there that's good to know at least. They were just a couple of quick sketches I made & posted for us members on CPF. :)

Last edited:

ftumch33

Enlightened
I know it`s an older LED but I was gonna say an MT-G2 LED. It`s not a triple or a quad but man, it puts out light like it was a mule and at 5000k, it`s a nice creamy vanilla and not a garish cool white.
There are older Malkoff heads that have this. I also have one from Matt @ adventure sports flashlights that is a solid copper host and it puts out light like a mutha!
I don`t know if Matt is making these anymore though.