Streamlight TL Racker?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anybody had a chance to mess with the shotgun light from Streamlight? Looks nice, and should be a fairly easy install on my mossy 500, but is it worth the price? I could easily get a gg&g, elzetta or other mount and just run a SF G2 with Malkoff for abou the same price. I do like the more stream-lined package of the foreend light that the TL Racker offers, though.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bump? Any idea if it has some type of lock out mode?

TallSteve

Newly Enlightened
I have the Streamlight TL Racker installed on a Mossberg 590A1 shotgun set up for defensive use. I took that shotgun and light fore end to Thunder Ranch for 3 Day Combat Shotgun Class. The fore end and light held up to that intensive use. My wife and I have used and abused that shotgun for several months without any problems with the light. It is kind to the hands under 12 gauge recoil. Our shotgun has the bayonet mount and has a sling mounted so the light is partially obstructed. The light output is more than what is needed. The area of illumination is quite good.

The light does not have a lock-out switch. I found that by unscrewing the battery compartment door about 270 degrees you can deactivate the light.

We really like the light and are considering buying another.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the reviews I found mentioned that the pressure switches work a little too well in that they are very easily activated unintentionally. Have you found this to be the case?

TallSteve

Newly Enlightened
Yes. We have some issues of unintentional light activation.

Partially due to this thread, I pulled out the shotty and some dummy rounds yesterday and did some drills with it. A couple issues popped up: The momentary on switch is quite loud and it is inconsistent. Sometimes it works as a momentary on and sometimes it clicks into "On" mode.

We really want to love this light as it is kind to the hands, streamlined, and "intuitive". I think it may need to go back to Streamlight.

Prior to this we were using a Streamlight TLR-1HL. That light was mounted so that it was activated by the support hand thumb. The light itself worked well. But if you had your thumb in the wrong place, the light would draw blood.

Anthonyasphalter

Newly Enlightened
I have the Streamlight TL Racker installed on a Mossberg 590A1 shotgun set up for defensive use. I took that shotgun and light fore end to Thunder Ranch for 3 Day Combat Shotgun Class. The fore end and light held up to that intensive use. My wife and I have used and abused that shotgun for several months without any problems with the light. It is kind to the hands under 12 gauge recoil. Our shotgun has the bayonet mount and has a sling mounted so the light is partially obstructed. The light output is more than what is needed. The area of illumination is quite good.

The light does not have a lock-out switch. I found that by unscrewing the battery compartment door about 270 degrees you can deactivate the light.

We really like the light and are considering buying another.
I have this on my mossberg 590, I've put probably 100 rds with it and noticed that it's moving back/forth on the action tube approximately 3/4" front and back when I pump it.
Have you or anyone here had this issue???