Wuben        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Acebeam K30GTvn

Default Re: Acebeam K30GTvn

Quote Originally Posted by Pipper99 View Post

My Acebeam k30gt arrives tomorrow...I might have to return it and buy one of Vinh's.

It's definitely one of the more impressive lights to hit the market lately. It's kind of in a class all its own at the moment but I'm eager to see other small/medium SBT90 lights from other manufacturers. I'd love to see Olight make something similar, perhaps even shorter. Heck, I'd even like to see a 26650 based SBT90 light with a 40-45mm head. It would out throw all of the multi-emitter, optics-based lights out there today.

In any case, I think you'll love your new light!

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post

What's the specific name of the bezel mod on both the abs? I'm about to order a k39gtvn. Think I like the blueish bezel on the other light.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkNLight View Post
    What's the specific name of the bezel mod on both the abs? I'm about to order a k39gtvn. Think I like the blueish bezel on the other light.
    You should email Vihn. I think the color has to do with the properties of the metal. Some metal properties show different colors. He will be able to tell you. His email is on his skylumen website.
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

Heck, I'd even like to see a 26650 based SBT90 light with a 40-45mm head.
    This!!!

Acebeam Lep 6 Km W50vn: I'll take it, please.
    Phil. 1: 21-24 and 2Tim. 4: 6-8. My lights. Yes, it also has normal modes for normal runtime and normal heat generation.

Sorry man, I never saw this. EDIT: that's because you just posted it! haha For some reason I thought this was an older post that I missed. I only had to look at the date stamp! I'm not too sharp at times.

It's Polished Heat Colors (PHC) bezel. Polished first, then heat colored. Though these lights are PHC, I think PAHC is my new favorite bezel treatment from Vinh. Just a little more character and more vivid Heat Colors due to the abrasion process.

P = Polished Polishing of factory/stock surface.

HC = Heated Colors factory/stock surface, then heat colored.

PHC = Polished Heated Colors Polished first, then heat colored.

AHC = Abrasion Heated Colors Abrasion surface applied, then heat colored.

PAHC = Polished Abrasion Heated Colors Abrasion surface applied, then partial polished over abrasions, then heat colored.

Last edited by Patriot; 02-17-2020 at 11:35 PM.

Heck, I'd even like to see a 26650 based SBT90 light with a 40-45mm head. It would out throw all of the multi-emitter, optics-based lights out there today.
    Quote Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
    This!!!

And here it is, other than the 26650 cell format... L16vn90

Indeed, it does out throw all the multi-emitters with the same or similar 40mm head. 4000L, 140Kcd, 748m

I really wish it was a 21700 cell light but the 20700 is no slouch either. I look at this light every day, wondering if it could be bored to accept 21700.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipper99 View Post
    ah, thank you.

Now, I get it...Vinh mods the lights and sells them. My Acebeam k30gt arrives tomorrow...I might have to return it and buy one of Vinh's.
    What do you think of the K30gt? Will you be upgrading to the VN model now that you’ve had it for some time?

To add some clarification to my previous post about the bezel mods, both of the lights in the picture are Polished Heat Colors or PHC. The effect will be slightly different on every single one but if you tell Vinh that you'd like as much blue as possible, I'm sure he'd be work with you on that. Provided the metallurgy is the same, the colors are attained by heating up the metal to different temperatures.
    Last edited by Patriot; 02-17-2020 at 11:38 PM.

Flashaholic

Got mine a few days ago. Kick ass light! Great job Vinh!

oops wrong post

While hiking and exploring at night, I typically have a headlamp, a handheld light like the FW3A, D4vn, E07vn or D4Svn and a compact thrower like the CatV6vn, GT MINI, T27 or similar, which I belt or pack carry in the water bottle pouch of my backpack. The K30GTvn has pretty much replaced all of the compact, throwers lately. The other lights mentioned work well for pointing and identifying things like animals, signs, structures while the K30GTvn also does that but because of the greater output and larger hotspot, is great for searching and scanning large sections of hillside and canyons.

K30GTvn about 175 yards to beam center. The larger Saguaro cactus out there are 25-35 feet tall.

The run times have been surprisingly great on VTC5D's and I get a lot of cumulative time running at turbo, 30-60 seconds at a time. Even though it was about 45°F it seemed like we kept the light pretty toasty during the last 2-3 miles of the hike as my buddy and I passed it back at forth, scanning the terrain for wildlife. After crossing a creek, we thought we heard a bear so as we got higher up the opposite ridge I ran the light on turbo for several minutes trying to find some eye-shine down along the water, through the thick brush and cottonwood trees. I never got to see the bear but the stainless power button and tripod connection were finger burning hot. After what seemed like a better than average workout for the light, it still had 3.49V on two of the cells and 3.50V on the third. It was the icing on the cake after getting some really good use out of the light tonight.
    Last edited by Patriot; 03-04-2020 at 12:15 AM.

K30GTvn is one of the best light as of late. There is 2 left in stock. Once these are gone they will likely stay that way for a while. If you want one now is a good time.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I agree with it being one of the best. It has become the light that I grab whenever I need something to exceed the performance of my multi-emitter, optical window lights. It's small enough that I want to reach for it and large enough that it's a reasonably good heatsink, with surprisingly good runtimes. The throw performance from the 57mm head is unexpected and the relatively large hotspot makes it the most useful wildlife finding/viewing flashlight of anything even close to its size. I don't know how it could be any better for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123