• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam K30GTvn

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
[h=1]$ 185.00[/h]

• Factory Link Here
  • Stock Performance: 4450, 303Kcd, 1101m
  • K30GTvn: 4850L, 330Kcd, 1128m
  • Phenomenal performance
  • Specs speaks for themselves
  • Excellent build quality
  • Large fill hot spot
  • Wonderful ~5500K creamy tint
  • Cells Not Included
All Acebeams will have serial removed.
[email protected]

XUNcLYX.jpg

UxMBrHp.jpg

CmnZR6G.jpg

B16KOFh.jpg

JwJMRek.jpg

biw4Wg0.jpg

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Vinh had the output figures listed when the thread was started but now they're gone. I'm guessing those were the measured figures (stock), which are quite a bit less than the 5500L claimed by AB. The throw figures were also less, but not as far off. I'm curious to know what the modded figures are, now.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh had the output figures listed when the thread was started but now they're gone. I'm guessing those were the measured figures (stock), which are quite a bit less than the 5500L claimed by AB. The throw figures were also less, but not as far off. I'm curious to know what the modded figures are, now.

Numbers coming tonight. I was in the middle of the project but was interrupted.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
30s Specs:

• Stock Performance: 4450, 303Kcd, 1101m
  • K30GTvn + Power Boost: 4850L, 330Kcd, 1128m
Stock Turn On ~ 5000L, K30GTvn Turn on ~ 5500L

Will Try VNX2 next. I really like VNX2 in this type of light so I can run any number of cells I want. Even 1 18650 gives very impressive performance. VNX2 might give less output though...We will see.

Regardless this light is MUST HAVE!

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I'm out for most of the day today. Can't wait till I get home, settle down, and work on this light. lights like this remind me the that I am a Thrower fan, specifically reflector thrower fan.

Patriot

Flashaholic
It looks like a real winner! Even more impressive, this is happening with a 57mm head.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel as though with the SBT90.2 being such a large emitter, that one could develop a wide yet very shallow reflector for it to get nearly the same throw, but with a larger hotspot and smaller corona. I could imagine a 4x18650 sodacan style light with such a wide and shallow reflector to keep it relatively compact.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I feel as though with the SBT90.2 being such a large emitter, that one could develop a wide yet very shallow reflector for it to get nearly the same throw, but with a larger hotspot and smaller corona. I could imagine a 4x18650 sodacan style light with such a wide and shallow reflector to keep it relatively compact.

Agree! One thing I dont like about the K30GT is I think the reflector is a bit too deep.

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey yeah good idea! But if you made the reflector just a little bigger again than that, it would throw even further and we could maybe call it a K75 - haha just messing with you.

SKV89

Enlightened
Looks like the K30GT pushes the SBT90.2 harder than the K75 even when stock.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
OK Did everything. VNX2 made just about the same number despite an initial bump.
Stock driver slightly boosted it is.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Finally spent some quality time with the K30GTvn at the park. It was brief but enough for me to be very impressed. I am not easily impressed nowadays. No idea why I didn't think to take a video beam shot. Had to make a quick one out the window of my lab to show how phenomenal this light is! K30GTvn just made a bunch of medium size thrower obsolete!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7VDt6QqM_M

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the much larger K75 steps down after just 1 minute, how fast does this one step down?