• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **SOLD:TAIN HYPERLUX 3-PIECE**

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
3yokSqq.jpg

Here we have a a piece of machining excellence, the wonderful Tain, three piece Hyperlux that sports my favorite knurling that I have ever seen in titanium. Time for a brief history on this legendary piece which some who are reading may not be aware of.

The timeless design of the Hyperlux was started by Chris Osgood at TnC Designs way back (2006-ish) and later became known as the SuperFlashlight as a collaboration with Mike Jordan who designed the light engines. When titanium started to be used as a exclusive material for flashlights, the fans of the Hyperlux / SuperFlashlight were pining for a Ti version of what is one of the best flashlight designs to date. An attempt was made and a Ti run was done that came up a bit short when it came to the signature knurling that didn't quiet capture the knurling present in the earlier aluminum versions. then Tain came in and presented (with the permission of TnC) the HYPERLUX TRIBUTE in titanium.

Tain did two separate runs of the Hyperlux. First was the "2-Piece" design that was a close copy to the original. The design was slightly slimmed down so the overall length was a bit shorter, most of that being a different tail design. But the knurling had a bit of a "step" in the transition from knurling to head.
The next run was a true tribute in the "3-Piece" design which captured all of the original design elements, and Tain's amazingly magical machinist took titanium knurling to a new level and truly captured the character of the original, flush knurling. The awesome tail design that was originally referred to as the "King's Crown" was perfectly emulated but with a twist, it now housed an E-switch with a tritium filled titanium button over the original rubber ended Kroll switch.
Here is a nice shot of the knurling on the body and tail:

0c5DuDI.jpg

The flat spot is a bit of an "anti-roll" deterrant to this otherwise cylindrical design:
uEtOoZE.jpg

DcBA0sv.jpg

A shot here showing all sides:
oKrAf3o.jpg

You can see the selected tritium design in the tail from 6 separate trits in 2 layers. Tain allowed buyers to select the color and lay out of the trits, I went with a primary color theme. The red trit at the bottom has a small bubble in the Norland adhesive that you can barely notice with the naked eye.
WkNcwzL.jpg
dHelv33.jpg

Here is how the kit came from Tain. A nice case, waterproof that hold the Hyperlux, a spare heat sink for assembling your own light engine, some spare O-rings, one spare e-switch, 2 extra Green glow pads that surround the LED and a wide angle reflector (narrow reflector installed) that is easily swapp-able.

k8NBTxG.jpg

This light takes 2 18350's, it can run on a single 18650 but the e-switch is a bit finicky with the lower voltage. I have noticed that when using the 2 18350's and they begin to get low, the same finicky behavior begins with the switch. Charge up the 18350's and you're back to normal operation.
This light still sports its original XML2 in what looks to be 6000K, a slightly cool tint.

This mint condition 3-Piece Hyperlux comes with everything seen in the last photo with the exception of the batteries in the photo further above.

TAIN HYPERLUX - SOLD - $1300.00

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if any of my information is inaccurate.

-Paypal only please.
-First "I'll take it" in this thread has priority.
-Paypal fees and shipping to CONUS (USPS Priority with insurance) are included in the price.
-Not interested in trades at this time.

-Thanks for looking!
-Michael.

Last edited:

Zandar

Enlightened
Re: **FS:TAIN HYPERLUX 3-PIECE**

WOW!, I've wanted this light ever since I saw the first one many years ago, but I just can't right now. Good luck with your sale Zandar.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is one of the Top Five Greatest Lights of All Time, in my book. The 3 Piece version of the Ti Hyperlux is about as perfect as it gets.

About the only thing better than this is the combat grip version.

You've been putting up some real gems lately Lux! I really wish I was in a position to pick up some of them. Maybe in a few months if they're still available. Good luck with your sales.

Zandar

Enlightened

Come on Dad, and buy this light already, you know you want to. That way in a couple of months you can sell it to me, just like that LS27!

archimedes

Flashaholic

Arch,
This would make a perfect addition to your amazing collection!:D

Haha, no kidding :)

Cut back a little on the collection these days, but have been watching for a few items still[emoji14]

Last edited:

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: **FS:TAIN HYPERLUX 3-PIECE**PRICE DROP**

This one is now sold!
Congrats Troy!!

easilyled

Flashaholic
Re: **FS:TAIN HYPERLUX 3-PIECE**PRICE DROP**

Congratulations Troy. I know that you had one yourself originally. I concur with you about the excellence of this particular light. :thumbsup:

Latest posts